Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   NO START... ONLY GETTING FIRE IN 2 CYLINDERS..coil pack?timming? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/no-start-only-getting-fire-2-cylinders-coil-pack-timming-20373/)

xp8ntballkid309x 07-11-2007 12:55 AM

NO START... ONLY GETTING FIRE IN 2 CYLINDERS..coil pack?timming?

alright i have a 95 eclipse gs... that will CRANK but NOT START... i have recently checked and i only have spark in the 1,4 cylinders... the 2,3 cylinders " ran off same coil" has NO spark and a very weak one... so im thinking i need a new coil pack.. i hasve tried testing it with a ohm meter but it didnt work.. so any help? could it be out of time now? im getting fuel...also... but i cant realy hear the fuel relay kick on now.. when key goes to on... " not cranking".. but i can hear the ecu... Anyone that can help me test the coil pack... or any help on how to get it running...thanks-chris

silvercoupe97 07-11-2007 12:59 AM

RE: NO START... ONLY GETTING FIRE IN 2 CYLINDERS..coil pack?timming?

Is this the same issue from before?

dorian7 07-11-2007 01:45 AM

Did you make sure that your plug wires are right?

RCJr9186 07-11-2007 09:27 AM

i'm sure u've already checked ur plugs. and your wires... run the wires from 2 and 3 back to the coil, take the wires off the coil and check the actual conectors for both the plug and coil. i had the same problem on my old 99gs and i ended up gettin a new dist coil, wires and plugs and it ran like a champ

xp8ntballkid309x 07-12-2007 01:34 AM

yea i havechecked wires, and got new plug... how do i check the coil part itself... put a screw drive on it and check for spark or somthing and thnaks for help guys...

Kaede.Noir 07-12-2007 01:38 AM

That could be one, haha direct screwdriver on it, be careful though, and do NOT doit, i repeat if its aftermarket like msd

RCJr9186 07-12-2007 08:21 AM

yea you can do that but mine was visibly bad. 2 of the connectors on the coil pack (come to think of it, it was cyl 2 and 3 also) were corroded beyond recognition and nothing was getting through.

xp8ntballkid309x 07-12-2007 05:22 PM

alright so i can put a screwdrive on it and crank the car over and c if there is spark?

RCJr9186 07-12-2007 06:27 PM

yup but be careful... lol

silvercoupe97 07-12-2007 08:24 PM

An easier and safer way to check the primary and secondary coils are with an ohmmeter. If you follow the book, it will show you two ways to check the coils with arcing it.