2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Non Turbo->Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Default RE: Non Turbo->Turbo

ORIGINAL: get435

way to much money where i come from it is a 3-4 grand differance between a gs and gs-t/gsx. that means i can rebuild the motor for a turbo and place a turbokit on it with the parts you replace on a gs-t/gsx and be at the same price where if i bought a gs-t/gsx i would be buying 2 turbokits spending anywhere from 2-3 grand more than a gs with the same mods and i got a new motor. why would he do that? also the trouble of finding a gs-t/gsx puts him out a car for a little bit of time also while rebuilding motor he will have a little down time so either way he has down time. I would keep the car u got and rebuild it for a turbo $1300 and than put turbo on it. from what i have seen at the races his car turboed would do 13.5 or lower.
Maybe GSX's are harder to come by where you live. I am just basing this on where I am from. In San Diego theres a guy on the local forum that is selling his 2g gsx with b16g turbo, all supporting mods and dsmlink, running low 13's/high 12's for $5500 as is. Hell of a deal, and every time ive checked autotrader.com the gs's are around the same price as the gst/gsx's these days.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

ORIGINAL: slow420a

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

Hahn is the only kit worth getting for a gs, but its still going to give you problems. if you dont have a car yet do it right from the start and get a gsx. i really doubt many people can run 13's with a gs even turboed. traction will suck and your motor will not be reliable. also ive never heard of anyopne running 13psi on that motor with stock internals. and byt the time you've upgraded the internals youve spent wayyy too much money.
Star is a much better kit seeing how it comes with an external wastegate letting you controle the boost, also it comes with a better bov and fpr than the hahn carcraft pos. Also learn you stuff before you trash talk a 420a, many 420a at 2gnt.com are in the low 12's, heck even on dsmtuners.com, shich are mostly 4g63's have some kids running in the low 13's with a 420a, http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/memb...s&userid=11352 <---- link to time slip.
Im not trash talking, im saying it costs wayy too much money to run fast times on that motor. it was not designed for high boost. And you have yet to prove my statements wrong. All you said was that many people run 12's, and then put up a link to a mid 13 second qm time, yet you failed to mention that he has a built bottom end. did you notice that? he would never trap 115mph on a stock bottom end. Im sure that guy spent thousands on his motor to build it up, and that is my point.
Amature on stock bottom end

...I trapped 108.96 with a 13.62 run back in 2001 on stock bottom end and major bull**** traction.. 60' was 2.335 w/ a S16g. I can email it if someone will host the slip... taken from

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?a...8417&mode=full

Pro on bottom end

car sports a Stage II turbosystem and a high flow exhaust, along with 17" wheels and street tires. Other than that, it is completely stock, even the clutch. This street sleeper runs 13.70's @ over 100 MPH is the quarter on street tires! taken from

http://www.hahnracecraft.com/auto/eclipse/eclipse.htm

If you have any more comments call up Hahn and tell them that their wrong.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:17 AM

your reading comprehension is not good and you are further proving my point. that link you just sent me is a bunch of people saying they are running 13's with BUILT bottom ends running ~13psi. You are the only one on there saying you have run it on stock bottom end and everyone is calling you out to scan in the timeslip. I am done arguing ive made my point.