2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

pain in the a$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Default pain in the a$$

all right hope somebody can help ive been a member for a while i bought my car with a rod knock i took my motor out of my 97 eclipse gst 2.0 turbo had it rebuilt put the motor back in and it wouldnt rev fast i mean slow like like a 100 rpms a minute i couldnt figure out the problem and i never took anything to the shop im a mechanic by profesion but i was at wits end so i asked around and found someone that sounded like he could fix it after all he did own 4 dsms anyhow i took it to the shop he worked at and its been there for 9 MONTHS i went to the shop where he worked after all this time and this dick dont even work there anymore and the car dont even crank and idle like it did when i droped it off so i bring the car back home and checked it out i believe i found the rev problem i found that when i asssembled the motor i put the crankshaft position sensor plate on backwards i wish i would have found that out earlier before i brought it to the shop but now my problem is it wont crank up and run like it did before i have no injector pulse no fuel pump running (i jump the pump over with a hot wire the fuel pump runs i have fire but no fuel or injector pulse no engine turnover with the key but jumping the starter turns the motor over but still no fuel or pulse ive checked the asd relay and fuel relay both ok and i checked the harness there getting power, changed the ignition switch ok changed the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor ok i have two ecus one from a talon turbo and one from my car neither make a difference.all fuses have been checked all ok even the clutch switch checks out. could both my ecus be bad whats the deal someone help me out before i put a match to this car lol...

Old 12-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: pain in the a$$

Are you getting power at the ecu and mpi relay?