2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Passenger door repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Default Passenger door repair

Ok, so my 95 gst's passenger door won't open from the inside. The outer door handle works perfectly fine. I'm going to try my best to describe what I'm seeing, but just bare with me, or ask any questions to help me out! It seems that once I pull the door cover off, I've found the issue, but I'm having a really hard time fixing it!

So basically from the inside door handle there is the bar connected at the end to a hinge. On the other end of that hinge, there is a metal piece that rotates up when the handle is pulled. However, it is above the horizontal piece connecting to the system for the outside door handle. So basically when the inside is pulled, the bar rotates up, but nothing happens. But when the outside handle is pulled, it makes the inside door handle open as well. It doesn't do that on the drivers side, and the setup is alittle different, but I'm basically believe that that is the problem. Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone give me some ideas of how to fix it? The metal is too tough to simply bend it out of the way to reset the system, and I can't find any more screws to remove to get enough slack to fix it! Thanks for the help.