2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Please read my last?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Default Please read my last?

O.k. guys heres the deal... I found a 95' GSX that runs, it starts up and everything seems fine but the clutch is completly out so it would have to be towed. Price is only $3200 so its a steal, so i think. I just want to know are there any ways of knowing that its more likely just the clutch and not sometyhing more serious.

Thanks,

Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Default RE: Clutch is out, should i buy it?

Welll the car runs at least a little bit,right? And that's a steal if its legit, and how many miles, what's the condition of the car, any mods?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: lhausi2

Welll the car runs at least a little bit,right? And that's a steal if its legit, and how many miles, what's the condition of the car, any mods?
No mods on it and it has 150k, which i dont mind the miles, as i plan to put a 6-bolt in it anyway. But i will see if it can move a little at least, im going today to check it out with my cousin.

Thanks,

Old 02-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Yeah if the car moves a little you'll be able to tell, but if it doesn't move at all you'd have to drop the tranny and take a look. If it moves a lil you'll see the rpms go up but not the speed. If its as bad at you make it sound then it'll slip like a ****. And yeah as long as the bodies in good condition you're good, check under the trunk for rust and the sunroof area and fender wells. And a 6 bolt swap is always a great idea

Old 02-03-2008, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: lhausi2

Yeah if the car moves a little you'll be able to tell, but if it doesn't move at all you'd have to drop the tranny and take a look. If it moves a lil you'll see the rpms go up but not the speed. If its as bad at you make it sound then it'll slip like a ****. And yeah as long as the bodies in good condition you're good, check under the trunk for rust and the sunroof area and fender wells. And a 6 bolt swap is always a great idea
Thanks, alot... Just so im understanding correctly even if the clutch is f***'d up beyond recognition, the rpms should still go up, and if not that indicates tranny problems?

Thanks,

Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Hey guys - I forgot to mention that i went to look at a 95 gst yesterday at a used car lot. Was trying to get a test drive so when i aske the guy to start it he goes to get the battery jumper, and hooks it up and when he cranks it it makes that noise like skiiiirt. The freakin starter is out. The original price was 5k and when i got there i offered them 4k, that was before i found out about the starter. I called him up just now and asked him if he would take 2k cashe and he said yes, what do yall think. herese a pic in the link.

1995 Eclipse GST

Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Please read my last?

BUMP!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

I would grind down the price on the GSX and get that!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I would grind down the price on the GSX and get that!
Thanks, sebba. Im not even sure if the gsx is til available to me. My dirty cousin may beat me to the punch. I dont get off until 3 today and he is gonna go check it out and if he likes it hes gonna take delivery. In regards to the gst, do you think i should go for it?

Thanks,

Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

For 2k its a steal

Quick Reply: Please read my last?