2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Default Problem

As some of you may have seen I was having problem with my CTS for a little while a few weeks back. I fixed that and now the cold starts and the engine light are things of the past. I’ve developed a new issue though. My car is having problems to where it seems to studder and when it goes the RPMs go down a notch or two. It’s not just when I’m driving either. I can sit there and watch the rpms go down and my gage lights flicker. It doesn’t happen all the time to where I can’t drive but enough to where it’s annoying. Any ideas and or suggestions? As I’m sure someone here has had this problem before.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Default RE: Problem

this might not be the solution but I was kind of having the same problem. like sometimes I would be driving then my check battey light would go on and other stuff like you mentioned. what I did was I cleaned my battey terminals up really good then I made sure that the ground wire and red wire made good connections. so tighten them down real tight. also you might want to see if your battery is going bad.

check out my 99 gst http://www.cardomain.com/id/99clipsgst

Old 03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Default RE: Problem

Sounds like that could be something as when I did change my CTS I had to unhook the battery and the problems started the day after that. I’m still convinced its more transmission then anything else though. My check engine light graced me with its presence this morning so I’ll take it to autozone and see if that gives me anything worth a darn. I’m pretty sure it’ll be a different error then what I got when my CTS was bad as my car doesn’t have the cold cold starts anymore. Any other ideas?