2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Question concerning ebay engine parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Question concerning ebay engine parts

Yea, I would check your oil pan seal first, i know mine started leaking, but you can look above the oil pan seal, and if there is fresh, wet oil that is leaking still up above the pan, then it could be a valve cover gasket

Old 10-12-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

can you be more specific as to where the oil is? is it on the engine? on the firewall? the engine bay? it coudl be from tons of places. a very common leak in those cars is the valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket.
I guess the best way to describe where the oil is it to snap some pics for you. I have to work tomorrow and Sunday, so I will try to jack the car up and post some pics on Monday. It's very difficult to see where it's coming from, and mostly on the drivers side underneath the car. I definitely have a leaking valve gasket, because it is leaking around the spark plugs. I noticed this when I replaced the plugs last weekend, but I don't know if this is the ONLY place I have a leak. I'm leaving a couple of puddles (about the size of a quarter each) if I park on my driveway and let it sit for 5-6 hours. There is oil on the frame underneath the engine. Again, I'll try to post some pics on Monday.

Should I start a new thread with these pics? Thanks for all of the help so far from everyone!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:07 AM

You really want to get the head gasket fixed. Oil getting down into your spark plugs will be bad. As far as the other oil leak I would suggest getting it on a lift so you can look aroudn better. Wipe all the oil off and find where its starting. I had a bad oil filter on my 70 chevelle that was shooting oil out the side and running down the side of my motor and it appeared to be a rear main seal until I got it up on a lift. Its amazing the difference from laying on the ground and searching under your car and being on a lift.