2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Default RS

I'm new to the whole Eclipse thing, so before I go on, please excuse any ignorant comments or questionsI make in this post.I recently came into a '96 Eclipse RS which wouldn't be a problem but the engine, which sits at around 118,8xx miles is old and worn out and worst of all it is an automatic. Now this is a big change for me because up until about a week ago I was riding around in a clean '04 SRT-4. Let's just say my parents and I didn't get along with the way I was driving it and they decided to sell it, so I up and left, thinking I could make it on my own. Well long story short, I have a good looking car with no go, so I need to make some changes. I was looking into a possible engine and tranny swap to one of the turbo models. I know this would probably be costly, but I need something to look forward to doing everyday and rightnow the RS isnt cutting it. Is something like this even possible, and even further, how much would it cost me? Also what are the specs on the turbo models, and what is the difference betweenI think it is the GSR and the GST. Any help would be appreciated greatly, so please respond soon.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Default RS

GSX vs GST. GSX is AWD turbo, as to the gst being FWD turbo. same engine and components, but the gsx has a stronger tranny.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Default RS

GSR is a honda motor

Old 05-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Default RS

is that what he is talking about? well.. I guess that makes sense too.. I know nothing about honda cept that I don't care too much for them..