2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Short Shifter Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Default Short Shifter Question

I was lookin 4 a SS on ebay and find this JDM. Does anybody know anything about it or does anyone use it??? please let me know

Thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: Short Shifter Question

A link would help. But I hae a pace setter short shifter and it was easy to install and when I shift it looks like I'm putting the car in neutral whenI o from 1st to 2nd ans 3rd to 4th. Make sure what ever you get is a good metal you don't want it to snap on you.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:17 PM

Here is the link let me know what u think?
Ebay short shifter.

*edited for long link*

Old 02-13-2007, 04:01 AM

Mine smashes your fingers in 1st and 3rd[:'(]

Old 02-13-2007, 04:05 AM

Basically all short shifters will be about the same. The only difference is they will be a good metal, or some cheap **** that WILL break on you. just remember that.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 AM

I installed one of thoselast week in my buddy's GST. They are pretty hefty. I don't see it breaking for awhile. If anything , that purple bracket is aluminum and it will round off a bit, but not enough to make the shifter loose. I've got a B&M clone too...it's still in one piece andthe aluminum bracket has rounded a bit, compared to the one I just put into my buddy's car, but mine doesn't move a bit...it's on tight

So, my input to the linked item...you'll be fine...as long as you can live with knowing that you have a piece of it that's pink, lol.

Oh yeah, it's hard to break these things. The shaft is SOLID! The aluminum bracket is the only weak point and B&M uses a piece that is made of the same material too. So, your choice.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 AM

this is very similar to the first one i bought... the difference between this and the REAL B&M is the test quality... ex. fingers getting smashed in 1st and 3rd. . . not cool especially when you have a flip out cd/dvd player. and also the metal quality... i don't see this thing breaking on you b/c like silvercoupe said, it is a solid piece of metal. if you know anybody that knows how to weld though a good idea would be to put a couple (3 or 4) weld lines down it just for reinforcement.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM

You've hit your hand shifting, RC? I've got mine set on the 35% shorter throw, hole and I don't hit knuckles and it's still pretty short...for me anyway. I'm going to move the linkage to the bottom (50% shorter throw) and see if I like that. I do like the 35% shorter throw though. I also have a tight shifter though...i.e. bearing mod, and new shifter plate bushings, there's hardly any play to the shifter while in gear or neutral.
The guy that I put the clone shifter in for...his was loose and I would come really close to his Kenwood double din screen! I put his shifter in the 50% shorter throw slot and that fixed that...although his shifter needs the mods to tighten it up a bit for him.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM

I recently put in my B&M and I loooove love love it.
No problems with hitting my hand at all.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM

i hit my fingers w/ the knock off... when i got my B&M and put my stainless steal bushings and bearing in it is perfect, set on 50%, short as hell and smooth as can bee. love it and i'll definatly be getting one for my GSX

Quick Reply: Short Shifter Question