Smoke from oil cap???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Banned
Default RE: Smoke from oil cap???????

timing?

Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 PM

why would timming make smoke? im at work but i got a new fuel filter that will go on it tonight

Old 05-15-2006, 06:36 PM

ngk iridium plugs and accel 8mm wires are on their way from summit

Old 05-15-2006, 06:46 PM

could condensation come into play here since its been stored for so long?

Old 05-15-2006, 06:53 PM

It looked like burning oil smoke. Im kinda at a loss. Im gonna pick up a pcv valve tonight

Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

Just a possibility why it wont run right.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 PM

put the new fuel filter in and now no fuel is getting to the rail, i took the banjo bolt off the fuel filter and nothing is going thru it, not even bubbles

Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

K first off you had it sitting for 2 years? Did you bother changing the fuel filter? And what about gas that was in it? Gas can go bad after as little as 60 days and you're trying 2 YEAR old gas??? Run a fuel system cleaner through it now that you've pushed all that OTHER crap through the injectors. Also bear in mind: Sitting 2 years... Not run for 2 years... Maintaining pressure on the fuel lines AND the injectors for 2 years at approximately around 36 PSI. Eventually one is BOUNd to leak. Gas leaks into the intake, heads to a cylinder, sits there for a bit then works on down the piston to the oil. YES it is possible. It happens with Conquests and Starions all the time if there is a leaking injector.

First change the fuel filter, remove AS MUCH old fuel as you can and give her a good fill up with a good fuel system treatment. Now if you have a turbo then do an oil change with a semisynth run it 10 minutes at 2K till the t stat opens then let her cool down for 5 and drain and do another oil change. If you have an NA engine then run an oil system cleaner through it (Found at AZ or advance for about $3 and main ingredient is kerosene but it will break down the oil and the oil deposits). Run the 5 minute oil flush through and do your oil change. Now do a TB service by picking up a can of carb cleaner and an old toothbrush. Take the intake hose off and spray the butterfly valve liberally with carb cleaner. Now scrub BOTH side of it with the toothbrush. Wipe all the CRAP out with a rag. Put everything together and try starting it (Bear in mind it won't WANT to start for the first few cranks due to the carb cleaner just sprayed into the intake). Run it up to temp again then come back here and tell me how she runs.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:11 PM

Yes it has a fuel filter, when i got the car i took the tank out and cleaned it. When i put it in and put fuel in it i put lucas fuel system cleaner. There is a new fuel filter. Yes i have a turbo. It has a new intake with a K&N filter, it has all new vacume lines.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

K then do the other stuff I recommended. DO NOT do the oil system cleaner. Some actually say on the bottle not for use with turbocharged engines. Due to the fact that they clean a little TOO well and then the bearings don't lubricate and it then fries itself.

Quick Reply: Smoke from oil cap???????