2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Default RE: speed limiter

well i know its not something you can just unbolt and remove. lol. i know its in the ecu, but i was wondering if there is any other way then dsm link and a ecu management system to do it?.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM

haha well they have just posted the solution.. stay safe

Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 PM

ok you guys are no help. i ask oyu a simple question on how to remove it. and i ask this because me and my unlce are taking our cars to a runway and running them because he works on airplanes. its a small base but still has a long *** strip. thats why im asking. i have takin his car up 180 on it. trust me im fine. i just need to know how to remove my limiter.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

He JUST showed you how to do it. What more do you want? Door to door service?

There is NO other way to bypass it... .

Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM

what kind of car does he have that you took it up to 180?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: needsagst98

ok you guys are no help. i ask oyu a simple question on how to remove it. and i ask this because me and my unlce are taking our cars to a runway and running them because he works on airplanes. its a small base but still has a long *** strip. thats why im asking. i have takin his car up 180 on it. trust me im fine. i just need to know how to remove my limiter.
Dude your getting all the help you need, you might want to read the last post on the first page .

Old 09-01-2008, 05:08 PM

You can't referrence your uncles cars with yours. They are different. Unless you've beefed up your suspension's linkages and your tires (as previously mentioned), you may hurt yourself. The only factory built cars I would trust to go faster than the speed limiter are German made cars, well, most European cars. American made cars were not designed to handle the forces nor were the parts. That's why there are aftermarket parts to replace them with and unless you've done that, don't think that you can just remove the speed limiter and go to the, or past the speed value of the speedometer gauge.

The messege your missing here is that you've got the wrong car to make go speed in without first upgrading components. No one in here wants to take responsibility if you hurt yourself. So, don't get mad at them for trying to keep you from hurting yourself. If you haven't noticed, this group of folks have helped you quite a bit already.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM

X2 always wise john =) and true... tires will mess up higher than 130

Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 PM

he has a 2006 zo6(i/h/e) and tune. and thanks for your concern. and im not going to attempt it on stock tires and stock suspesion. that is plain dumb like you guys said. i was just wondering how it can be done. thats all. my uncle has plenty of cars that i can rip down the strip with.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM

yea if he's got cars made for that kind of stuff i would go with that... you would need dsmlink like he said to remove the limiter, and a mass amount of upgrades to be able to handle those kind of speeds in ur gst

Quick Reply: speed limiter