2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Wideband o2

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Default Wideband o2

I just bought a UEGO by AEM. I am not really to familiar with these and what you need to use them, I understand it measure AFRs in realtime and they are accurate. and in order to tune a car these are recommended, I got a good price so I couldnt pass it up. could anyone give me some knowledge on these things and maybe what other parts I need to buy to use\install it, BTW I have an SAFCII coming to do some minor tuning with

Old 12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Default RE: Wideband o2

Your going to need a 02 sensor bung and i hope the one that you baught has a 02 sensor with it. What your going to need to do is put it in the exaust at a minimum angle of 15 degrees because the o2 sensor some times will get filled with crap and give faulty reading. Also your going to need to put it 36 inches down the exaust from the manifold so the heat wont modify the reading. THats all thats really needed their are alos different settings that the gauge can be set to by using a screw driver on the back of the gauge. If you want I still have the driections for my aem and if you give me a fax number i can fax all of the carp to you.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

Your going to need a 02 sensor bung and i hope the one that you baught has a 02 sensor with it. What your going to need to do is put it in the exaust at a minimum angle of 15 degrees because the o2 sensor some times will get filled with crap and give faulty reading. Also your going to need to put it 36 inches down the exaust from the manifold so the heat wont modify the reading. THats all thats really needed their are alos different settings that the gauge can be set to by using a screw driver on the back of the gauge. If you want I still have the driections for my aem and if you give me a fax number i can fax all of the carp to you.
I am pretty sure it comes with the o2 sensor. I dont have a fax........ here it is http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51947

Old 12-07-2005, 03:45 PM

you got on tearstones group buy. yes it comes with the o2 sensor.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

you got on tearstones group buy. yes it comes with the o2 sensor.
Damn straight, he had 3 ready to be shipped on monday and I was #2 and the rest have to wait for a new shippment

Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM

if you havnt opened it, I would reccomend returning it, and getting a zietronix. They are cheaper, have more datalogging features, but most importantly, it has a wider range of readings. The aem only goes as rich as 11:1, yet to run high boost on a dsm or evo with pump gas you often need to run ratios of around 10.7-11. If you get the full aem ems, you can read richer but thats more than $1000.

The zietronix is nice because for around $300 you get the o2 sensor, the meter, and datalogging capabilities. In addition, the wideband o2 sensor just replaces your stock one, so you dont need to drill/tap/weld a new hole for the one you just bought ub your exhaust.

If you chose to keep it anyway, buy something to datalog, the cheapest would be a pocketlogger.

Your wideband 02 and datalogger will monitor how your car is running, but the SAFC is what is going to let you tune, so get that as well

By the way, have you gotten bigger injectors? This stuff wont do much at all for you without em.

And welcome to the world of tuning. It starts out scary, you dont want to blow anything up, but when you get the hang of it its a blast

Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 PM

I assumed that when you said that you got a deal that you got it used. Your getting a new one so its going to come with the directions and the bosh o2 sensor for that price. Also dsmtalon has a good point. For the 420a its usefull becuase boosted they run about a AFR of 11.7-12.2.

Also not reallying meaning to ruin your day but i got mine for 215 and free shipping from conceptillusion.com.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:20 PM

In response I dont have any fuel upgrades, Stock we have 550cc injectors and the EVOs are real rich as it is even running 21PSI a reflash is still used to lean the car out for the hidden power and yes I have an SAFC coming as well. I dont plan on useing anything just yet seing how I need and exhuast and would like a fuel pump as well. as far as it not going richer than 11:1 I was concernd about that as well and I looked at what the EVO guys are useing and most are useing this so I am not sure.

How the hell did you find a wideband for $215 shipped, Every vender I have talked to about this deal wouldnt even match the price the said no way the closest they can do was $355 for every thing, (provideing that this one comes with everything that is) and they also said $295 is the best they could od for the gauge alone. I am confussed about this I have know idea what is what now LOL

Old 12-08-2005, 10:52 AM

$215 shipped? conceptillusion on ebay is selling them for $350 shipped. i couldn't find crap on that website.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:59 AM

I got mine back in june from them Shawn said that he had some laying around that he couldent get rid of, I didnt get to choose a color he only had black with white letters but I didnt care. Also summit racing was selling some for about 250 around august i saw a post about it on sjdsm.com. Lol last week I sold mine for 150 gauge with sensor.

Quick Reply: Wideband o2