Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   stock BOV!!! beat to death (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/stock-bov-beat-death-17633/)

katinkid 03-28-2007 03:14 AM

stock BOV!!! beat to death

i know everyone has been over this subject a million times. lol i searched this but didn't find a resourcefull enough answer!!!

with the stock bov. can i block off the intake hose for the recirculation, so that the maf cant read anything??? or will it still bog out on me?

i want to uncirculate it, without buying a new or used ecu for 400+ dollars. anyway to do it?

or can i buy a remapped ecu?

93eclipsegsx 03-28-2007 03:18 AM

RE: stock BOV!!! beat to death

if your going to vent then, youll most likely stall when you ****f after getting into some boost. or you could power shift and beat the tranny to death. id chush the stock 1g bov, youll be able to hear it and itll still be recirulating.

katinkid 03-28-2007 03:26 AM

yah i've heard of that, cus the stock 1g's are metal, not plastic. and that will fit directly to my 96gst? or are there any other bov's that recirculate, that you can hear pretty good. i heard the suburu ones fit right on the 95-99 gst-gsx also, and sound pretty sick.

93eclipsegsx 03-28-2007 03:33 AM

my friend has a greddy type s and is recirculated and can be heard from around the corner of the street so yes it loud even when recirculated. yes the stock 1g bov will fit on the 2g.

silvercoupe97 03-28-2007 04:59 AM

I don't like the "sound" of this...

ORIGINAL: katinkid

yah i've heard of that, cus the stock 1g's are metal, not plastic. and that will fit directly to my 96gst? or are there any other bov's that recirculate, that you can hear pretty good. i heard the suburu ones fit right on the 95-99 gst-gsx also, and sound pretty sick.
No, the 1G will not directly fit, you will need a 1G bov flange for it. Any bov will work as long as you have the flange to weld onto the pipe. I don't know about the Subies. I do know that the EVOs will drop right in, your best bet is the EVO9s bov though. Hell, even the EVO8s plastic bov works better than the 2Gs plastic bov.

TheEngineer 03-28-2007 09:44 AM

just keep it recirculated and get a greddy or hks bov if you want more sound.

RCJr9186 03-28-2007 12:15 PM

how much boost are you running? i'd go w/ hks ssq. it CAN'T leak.

katinkid 03-28-2007 11:17 PM

lol, stock boost, havent really had the money right now to mod the car!!!

what is the car suppose to push stock??? i'm gonna buy a boost guage hear real soon to find out what im boosting at. its suppose to be 8lbs right? or correct me if im wrong, i haven't really looked into it.

Sebba 03-28-2007 11:26 PM

This makes me cringe....

93eclipsegsx 03-29-2007 01:01 AM

oh i didnt know that silver, i guess i learn something new everyday.

silvercoupe97 03-29-2007 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

oh i didnt know that silver, i guess i learn something new everyday.
Yupers, the 2G drops into a sleeve like flange where the 1G has a...well, you know what it looks like, lol.

katinkid 03-29-2007 04:28 AM

well after having an rx-7, and having that modded pretty good, and being into that, i didn't think an eclipse was all that good to be honest.

i ended up getting one a few months ago cus the rex needed a rebuild and i didn't have the money for her at the time.

so i traded straight up for the 96 gst with 112k miles.
honestly, im suprised with her, she pulls strong, and has been reliable to me so far.

im just now getting back on my feet and have been working my ass off doing it. so now im an insurance agent with AAA. so im making good money now. so i haven't really looked into what i have to do to mod. and all of the features, like stock boost pressure.

i was thinking though, would it be worth throwing money into a car with 112k miles, knowing that it blows small amount of blue smoke when shifting in high rpm's.
or is this because of the one cat, and a full 3" exaust and 3.5" tip
not to mention the a/m turbo manifold and Stainless stell downpipe???

and ive heard the car smells when driving past people. "well almost like a rotary engine" lol

silvercoupe97 03-29-2007 07:44 AM

I may have missed it, but what are the mods so far, besides what sounds like a turboback and intake? Did you ever replace the timing belt cover by chance? It's a good precaution to have it on as long as it still fits.
Anyway, check your oil and coolant to make sure nothing is mixing. Pull your plugs and look at it's color and look to see if there's fluid on them.
What does this smoke smell like? Coolant, oil, fuel? When does the smoke come out? Is it constant, only at shifts, high RPMs?

We're finished with the BOV question right, lol?

katinkid 03-29-2007 11:25 PM

bov Q's solved!!!

yes turbo back, full exhaust, and a revolution tip. "probly ebay brand" but it sounds pretty good, very loud and aggressive, not like any of the ricer exausts you hear!!!

timing belt i believe was changed, i have some reciepts in the car. but it still looks good and fits tight, no cracks or anything.

haven't pulled plugs yet. but i did replace the radiator with brand new coolant. not sure if the coolant and oil are mixing! but i do know that i just changed my oil about 3 weeks ago, and it is almost black already, lets me believe the car was raced before i had it, and first gear is whinning pretty bad. but still shifts excellent.

i replaced tranny fluid. other than that nothing else.

idk what it smells like, i think its just a rich smell. from what my friend behind me said!!!
than again he just bought a 99 prelude sh, and we got into it right before he told me that and i smoked him. so he could've just been saying that, hopefully?

the car backfires rarely in first, second, so i could see it running rich.
so what is the stock lbs. of boost for the 2g?

TheEngineer 03-29-2007 11:51 PM

Stock Boost is usually around 10psi

silvercoupe97 03-30-2007 07:02 AM

Original Post: 1000 Already Answered Questions Page!

What is the stock boost pressure on a [DSM]?

Many questions of this type can be answered by the following references: [ul][*]A search of the Club DSM archives at http://search.dsm.org (alternate link here);[*] Referring to the factory shop manual;[*] Looking at the factory brochures;[*] Reading the owners information manual. [/ul] 1G cars have a stock boost pressure of 8-12 psi. 2G cars have 10-15 psi. The service manual allows lower pressures, but those are rarely seen in actual vehicles.
Lol, you always say the lowest number TE, lol.

TheEngineer 03-30-2007 09:26 AM

i have never seen a 2g with a stock boost of 15psi. There is no way thats posibble. I said 10psi is usually the stock boost because it is true. That is what it is. Alot of times youll see people having 12psi and that will most likely be because they have removed the BCS restrictor

racerx55 03-30-2007 09:29 AM

i think theyre 15 when you unhook the hose and the poor t25 is givin all its got and ready to melt.:D