2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

T28 or evo 16g

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Default T28 or evo 16g

ok i've been doing some reading on the dsmtuner and they are just all to high tech for me what do yall think what would be better the 16g or the t28 t28 spools up a little faster but i dont' have to have that anyways with it being a fwd they spin if it spools to quick the 28 bolts right up but the 16g is looking like the best bet what about the 14g off a stock 1g eclipse worth a crap or junk like the t25 i know that when i upgrade i need 550cc injectors, leaning towards the gm maf-t, 255 fuel pump with fuel regulator do i still need the safc with the gm maf-t or no i know nothing about tuning with these things but i am a fast learner and do all my work my self any help would be greatly app. also does releasing the bov into the air acutally hurt your car that bad i dont' notic mine missing or anything is it still hurting something Thanks alot

Old 11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Default RE: T28 or evo 16g

if you go with a GM maf no you dont need a SAFC then but as you upgrade more n more you may need to look into a dsmlink but your a long way away from that right now, between a t-28 n a 16g i like the 16g much better.n also if you run a gm maf you can vent and it wont mess up how your car runs cause your reading the intake air in a totally differnt way

Old 11-29-2005, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: 1997gsteclipse

ok i've been doing some reading on the dsmtuner and they are just all to high tech for me what do yall think what would be better the 16g or the t28 t28 spools up a little faster but i dont' have to have that anyways with it being a fwd they spin if it spools to quick the 28 bolts right up but the 16g is looking like the best bet what about the 14g off a stock 1g eclipse worth a crap or junk like the t25 i know that when i upgrade i need 550cc injectors, leaning towards the gm maf-t, 255 fuel pump with fuel regulator do i still need the safc with the gm maf-t or no i know nothing about tuning with these things but i am a fast learner and do all my work my self any help would be greatly app. also does releasing the bov into the air acutally hurt your car that bad i dont' notic mine missing or anything is it still hurting something Thanks alot
you are a fast learner, but i guess you never learned how to use punctuation.

just go with the 16G if you can afford it.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:32 PM

Do you need to know english to have a fast car? Didn't think so but just making sure. Yes, I can use puncuation where it is needed, but what is the point of it i'm here to learn about cars and the quickest, easiest, and best way to build a gs-t. I'm sorry if i left out a couple of periods, comma, or maybe a question mark out; but i'll try harder next time! Yeah i dont' want to go so far that i have to get a dsmlink. I just want to be able to bust all these hondas running around with no problem. I also want to run a FMIC and it would do more harm than good with my stock t25 turbo. The 16g and the t28 will cost about the same in the long run, but wont the 16g be better for taking off in a fwd without a lsd so that it don't spool as hard off the line. Thanks for any help and also thanks to my english lesson

Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Do you need to know english to have a fast car? Didn't think so but just making sure. Yes, I can use puncuation where it is needed, but what is the point of it i'm here to learn about cars and the quickest, easiest, and best way to build a gs-t. I'm sorry if i left out a couple of periods, comma, or maybe a question mark out; but i'll try harder next time! Yeah i dont' want to go so far that i have to get a dsmlink. I just want to be able to bust all these hondas running around with no problem. I also want to run a FMIC and it would do more harm than good with my stock t25 turbo. The 16g and the t28 will cost about the same in the long run, but wont the 16g be better for taking off in a fwd without a lsd so that it don't spool as hard off the line. Thanks for any help and also thanks to my english lesson
now thats 100% better. as you said, the lag will help with traction if you go with the 16G. you will also to run solid low 12's with that turbo.

only problem....if you get the 16G, you will have to get the install kit for the turbo to work. if you go with the T28, you can just upgrade the the compressor wheel from the t25 to the t28 and it will fit just like the stock turbo.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:48 PM

Hey man i have a set of 550 injectors out of my evo if you would like to buy them. shoot me a price and i will see. they are very clean with only 25000 miles on them. no cracks what so ever. just let me know

Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM

No but when you post asking questions people get annoyed when you don't take the time to make your question clear.
Anyway, if you arent on a tight budget get the 16g. If you are, go with a 14b from a 1gen. Both turbos are good upgrades. Forget about a T28, nobody gets those anymore its kinda pointless. You can run a 16g at 16psi on stock fuel, but when you want to run more get some bigger injectors and an SAFC, head on out to a dyno and have it tuned for 20-22psi.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Ok I know about how the t28 bolt right up with out no mods which makes it alot easier to do the swap, but for the price you can get the 16g and install kit for it. I dont' have alot of money but i'm the type of person that likes to do stuff right the first time instead of wasting money over and over again. I'm not looking at building just a ungoddly fast car but i do want it to be strong and want it to hold up. To Many people around here with hondas that thank they are cool. It's time to show them they aren't cool or fast! How much boost should my motor be able to hold if i do everything properly as in all the supporting mods such as injectors, Gm maf-t or safc, FMIC to keep things cooled down? When I run higher the grade of fuel actually let it spool higher psi of boost or does it just make everything burn hotter? Which would some of yall recommend with previous use or friends used them or anything; the Gm Maf-t or a SAFC. Thanks alot

Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM

What is the differences in the 14g and the 16g? 16g spool up faster and higher or is it alittle bigger or what is it a respectable up grade or do i need to go ahead and go for the 16g I don't mind spending money on my car to do stuff right but i don't want to just throw money at it to do stuff right. You dont' hear many people talk about the 14g's much and i just didnt' know how they ranked in the world of Turbos. thanks again

Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 PM

What is the differences in the 14g and the 16g? 16g spool up faster and higher or is it alittle bigger or what is it a respectable up grade or do i need to go ahead and go for the 16g I don't mind spending money on my car to do stuff right but i don't want to just throw money at it to do stuff right. You dont' hear many people talk about the 14g's much and i just didnt' know how they ranked in the world of Turbos. thanks again
that can vary between Big or Small 16G but the 14B and s16G use the same compressor housing. the wheel is different and the 16G are more effiecient and can make more power. the 14B is the stock 1G turbo. they are an upgrade from the T25 which is the stock 2G turbo but the 16G is a normal upgrade for a good street turbo as fasr as power\ spool time and price.

Quick Reply: T28 or evo 16g