2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

thinking about NOS...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Default thinking about NOS...

ive been debating on NOS for a while now and think i am going to go ahead with it fairly soon. so far the advice on my other questions has been solid and so im wondering again. with purchasing NOS i am assuming i am going to need to buy some accessories with it, just curious as to what other purchases i should make for the NOS to operate at its best. i have a 98 eclipse gs, automatic if that info is needed. thanks in advance.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Default RE: thinking about NOS...

First what shot are you planning? And so you don't get burned later on... it is nitrous not NOS unless your thinking about an actual NOS kit. Folks that squeeze don't like people to call it NOS.

Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 AM

The most important thing you may ever need for any Nitrous Oxide injection setup is GOOD ENGINE MANAGEMENT!!! Pay very close attention to fuel and igntion details. My buddy in an Sentra SE-R(the b14 Sentra sr20 SE-R), was only using a 50 shot and still managed to blow his headgasket and roast the spark plugs. Along with engine management, try and get as many of the kit accessories hooked up. Things like purge systems and fuel regulators are a definite must. Don't wanna scare you, but the spray can only do it's best and deliver the power you want if you take your time and install it and maintain it properly. Also, think about how you want to set up the activation. A lot of people still do the cool F&F "button on the steering wheel" thing, but some other people are doing the peddle switch. Like whenever you floor it, it activates the system. That might be good for an automatic, since whenever you floor it you're wanting to go fast anyways. But have fun and be careful.

Old 09-22-2004, 06:20 PM

prophet, i am aware its called nitrous, but i am leaning towards a NOS kit which is the reason i said NOS. no offense meant to anyone. thank you already for the quick responses and hopefully they'll keep coming.

Old 09-22-2004, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Ace2133

prophet, i am aware its called nitrous, but i am leaning towards a NOS kit which is the reason i said NOS. no offense meant to anyone. thank you already for the quick responses and hopefully they'll keep coming.
I don't think you offened anyone here on this board. There are alot of good members here. I just was making sure that you didn't go to another ego trippin board and say NOS without purchasing a NOS kit.

So how much of a shot are you going with and take the advice of SpyderGS...

Old 09-24-2004, 11:32 AM

Yeah, we are very forgiving at this forum. There's never a reason to hold a grudge. But like Prophet said, other forums out there will flame you just for saying something a little wrong. We need to come up with a shorter phrase for nitrous though. We can't do NO or NOx since they're already established nomenclature... I'm thinking it's something like NO2, but it doesn't seem that simple. Maybe it is, though. Anyone confirm?