2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

throw out bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Default RE: throw out bearing

ORIGINAL: Sebba

lol i might be 15 but im not ****in stupid
thats debatable....

Any way yes you can, but when something wears it wears for a reason. So while your in there inspect everything like sebba said because normally the tob is a sign of the blutch on its way out. If your pressed for cash check out ebay or some classifieds on some forums to see if you can get a deal.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: magnet

myself I would replace the clutch too, but thats just me. If I DIDNT have the money to do it, I would find a way. Im big in 'while its apart, fix it right and replace ****'.
agreed. stock clutch is junk if you dont do it now when you get some small mods you will need to so I would find a way to spend a few hundred and just do it right
agreed. having a bad TOB is not going to cause you any harm. its just going to be annoying. wait until you get enough money and buy a new clutch also. you will say a ****load in labor costs(or if you are doing it yourself, alot of time).

Old 06-07-2006, 02:04 PM

a new clutch is coming my way soon my pedal stick bout once a day so im geting a ACT Xtreme Street Clutch Kit : Mitsubishi Eclipse 90-99 #16365 Xtreme Pressure Plate with Organic Street Disc
Comes with everything you need for a clutch replacement!
Includes Pressure Plate, Street Disc, throw out bearing and alignment tool.

Applications: Mitsibishi Eclipse 90-99 Turbo (4G63)
Clutch Kit Number: MB1-XTSS
Torque Capacity: 400
Pressure Increase: 58% Over Stock
Weight: 13 lbs.
ACT Pressure Plate: MB-010X
ACT Disc: 3000303
Release Bearing: RB210
Pilot Bearing: N/A
Alignment Tool: AT20

this is what i was todl was in my car when i bought it but im calling bull ****

Old 06-07-2006, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: magnet

myself I would replace the clutch too, but thats just me. If I DIDNT have the money to do it, I would find a way. Im big in 'while its apart, fix it right and replace ****'.
agreed. stock clutch is junk if you dont do it now when you get some small mods you will need to so I would find a way to spend a few hundred and just do it right

Yeah see i understand that. I would really like to replace it, and if there were any way to get that money i would. But ive nearly ruined my parents' lives borrowing so much money from them already fixing my dsm originally, and now that its paid back, im never borrowing money from them again. I have like 84 dollars in the bank and thats not even enough to pay my insurance coming up real soon. So, i know i should replace it now and "find a way" but there really isnt a way. I plan to get it when i can.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

agreed. having a bad TOB is not going to cause you any harm. its just going to be annoying.

I full on broke it somehow all at one. It barely serves its purpose. I can not drive it.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Like everything that breaks there is a REASON it broke. Find the reason and fix THAT first. THEN replace the broken part (Perhaps operator error?)

Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Well i slammed really hard on the brake and clutch at the same time, to stop before hitting some idiot kids, and thats when it went out.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:36 PM

Do you have a job?? Work ot maybe?? or something, I always work OT to get some extra cash mainly when my car is ineed of some nice mods lol

Old 06-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Do you have a job?? Work ot maybe?? or something, I always work OT to get some extra cash mainly when my car is ineed of some nice mods lol

Yeah but its a ****ty job where i hardly get many hours. I may be getting a job at a trans shop near my house soon. Just depends on if this one guy decides to leave for another shop or not. So aggrivating waiting for someone to make up their mind.[:@]

Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

agreed. having a bad TOB is not going to cause you any harm. its just going to be annoying.

I full on broke it somehow all at one. It barely serves its purpose. I can not drive it.
damn....you broke it?

were you planning on doing the work yourself?

Quick Reply: throw out bearing