2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Turbo next? Give me your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turbo next? Give me your opinion

YES GET A BOOST GUAGE. NEVER trust factory guage. Also GET BIGGER INJECTORS!! With stockers you'll be coming clos to maxing them quite a bit and what happens when you max a valve and try to force it even wider open? Other than running lean cuz you're not getting enough gas you'll also eventually start getting injectors sticking. Leading to rich at low boost lean at high boost. Then all SORTS of evil bad problems crop up. Cuz now you have some cylinders running at the right level most of the time and others running all fubar'd up.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:33 PM

Ok if you get a 255 pump you NEED a FPR and should get injectors...with a 16G and the fuel to use it to full ability and a good tune you can get like 350WHP. That looks like an oil feed or something the Jpipe is a pipe that bolts on to the turbo and runs like a J from the Compressor housing to the intercooler basically it ia a lower IC pipe but on a 2G you need it a 1G you dont

Old 03-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah definately need fuel upgrades before you start playin witha bigger turbo.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:02 PM

I mean I would defiantly get injectors but can I hold off and limit the Boost controller so I can use the stock fuel system?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:34 PM

Is the GT28R turbo any good? Any of you guys recommend this turbo?

Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: agallardo

No, I woulndt it is a waiste of money.... and stock fuel wont be a good idea. On a 16G turbo stock fuel can run like 12psi but you wouldnt want to run any more than that, a bigger turbo I wouldnt run stock fuel at all. If you want to do it the right way from the start by fuel and get it all tuned

Old 03-26-2006, 08:19 PM

Ok
So heres my proposal.... I just bought my car last week... All this stuff is being shipped as we speak... Car is stock(except loud BOV/Highflow cat)..

-3" downpipe(bought and being shipped)
-CAI(")
-Apexi N1 Muffler(")

Items highly considering...
-(16G turbo w/2g install kit)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-3...QQcmdZViewItem

-Walbro 255 fuel pump http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBR...QQcmdZViewItem

-Manual boost Controller http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Voodo...QQcmdZViewItem

-Boost Gauge

-Fuel Injectors (450 CC) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/450CC...QQcmdZViewItem

Anything else????? Trying to keep it under $900 give me your feedback! Im not looking for optimal performance just a step up from stock. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 PM

you need a full exhaust not just a muffler... get a shop to custom make a 3 inch turbo cat back for ya if you didnt buy one.

your stock injectors are 450s if you want upgrade go 660s or 550s to run that fuel pump you will need a FPR

Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 AM

What is wrong with the GT28R? Why dont you recommend this turbo?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: agallardo

No, I woulndt it is a waiste of money.... and stock fuel wont be a good idea. On a 16G turbo stock fuel can run like 12psi but you wouldnt want to run any more than that, a bigger turbo I wouldnt run stock fuel at all. If you want to do it the right way from the start by fuel and get it all tuned
Exactly. If you're staying under 10 PSI boost fine you can scrape by with the stock fuel but I'd recommend going all aftermarket with it to get A.) Maximum effect, B.) Maximum stability, C.) Maximum lifespan out of the entire engine and turbo setup. Also make sure to do an oil system flush before installing the turbo. That way all the CRAP in the oil pan and lines now will get busted up and flushed out the engine before you get it into the new turbo.

Quick Reply: Turbo next? Give me your opinion