Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   twin turbo eclipse (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/twin-turbo-eclipse-18496/)

brknhrtdpimp1489 04-30-2007 01:12 PM

twin turbo eclipse

hey guys i was talking to this guy the other day who said he used to have a gsx twin turbo...obviously it was aftermarket stuff but how incredibly hard would it be to twin turbo a four banger...isnt that like unheard of

Dusty Eclipse 04-30-2007 01:23 PM

RE: twin turbo eclipse

Id say with some SERIOUS supposrting mods... almost anythings possible..

brknhrtdpimp1489 04-30-2007 01:28 PM

lol well do you have any idea as to what kind of mods you have to look towards other than fuel system upgrade b/c thats def obvious lol...twin turbo on a gsx would push some seriously nasty horsepower wouldnt it...

TheEngineer 04-30-2007 01:35 PM

I Highly doubt he ever owned a TT eclipse. Because no one in there right mind would ever do that. Its pointless. Why would you do that when its alot easier to just single turbo it with a 35r or 42r instead. [sm=badidea.gif]

brknhrtdpimp1489 04-30-2007 01:39 PM

no clue lol he said theres a shop about 30 min from where i live that specialize in tubo's and he had it done up there...idk just seems like that would be just a tad too much power for a 4g63 engine or am i wrong...i mean wouldnt two turbo's be putting too much air into the engine??

TheEngineer 04-30-2007 01:42 PM

it depends on what kinda turbo's, but regardless i still call BS. The piping alone would be a mess and pointless to try and fab up. There really is no gain in doing this, besides to say you have TT. But who gives a crap. You ever wonder why most cars that come stock TT, they "upgrade" to a single turbo.;)

brknhrtdpimp1489 04-30-2007 01:47 PM

lol makes sense i mean if i still had my gst i wouldnt waste the time to try and twin turbo it lol i woulda been happy with a 20g turbo upgrade lol wouldnt have made a damn to me how many turbos i had on it as long as it was beating something at the tracks lol...

EMonz57 04-30-2007 01:56 PM

what ajoke.... First of all do you guys know that supras and RX7s take out the twins and go single?? there is a reason no one likes a TT setup. It makes less power and takes up more space. when youcan take out the 2 small ineffecient turbos and add one much bigger one. look into a 2G engine bay is ther room to fit 2 T25s? yea prob but we all know the T25 is worthless anyway. why not ust put a 50trim or 35r in there.

No one in there right mind would do a TT DSM. if someone has the money to mod the car to support something as retarded as that they will prob ave the knowledge to not and just what it done the right way.

Dusty Eclipse 04-30-2007 02:53 PM

Agreed, Emonz... but it could still happen. I heard once of a guy putting 2 H22a motors (one for back and one for rear) in a DelSol... thats ****ing retarded... but with enough money and time... still possible.

EMonz57 04-30-2007 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Agreed, Emonz... but it could still happen. I heard once of a guy putting 2 H22a motors (one for back and one for rear) in a DelSol... thats ****ing retarded... but with enough money and time... still possible.
thats not as uncommon I bet what about the tiburon with 2 engines both make 300HP on powers th front wheels the other powers the rear wheels.... TT a DSM is more retarded IMO