2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

u guys are going to hate me i know

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:59 AM
Default u guys are going to hate me i know

hey sorry to bug so much and i know all these dumb question are making me look like a idoit but i have one question that will sound really really really dumb and im sorry but what does the check engine light look like???? now before you want to slap me or laugh at me hear me out this eclipse is my first and like i am trying to find answer coz the white smoke i talked about in a differnt post goes away after warm up witch would mean the rings are bad but the car is not showing it performance wise so i thought mabe a bad sensor because it runs rich also but no check engine light so i try to test it by seeing if the light come on comes on when i turn the key to run but i dont know if it did cuz im not really sure what it looks like or what collor it is i saw one with a werid dumb look symble i cant make it outwith yellow backround and im not sure if thats it i dont know but i think the guy might of disable the light so i would see it had a check engine plz hellp and im sorry for the dumb question i really really thank all of you

Old 01-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned
Default RE: u guys are going to hate me i know

It would say check engine on it.... if you dont see an orange light with check engine on it.. its not on

Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 AM

an Orange light that says"Service Engine Soon" is the same thing as a check engine light in most cases.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 AM

o god thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much that would mean i didnt see it come on and it should be a serious problem but i am going to run the compression test tomarrow after school hey im not gay but i love you guys also what was that likght i saw it have yellow backround and like a box with line in it???? but i dont love you guys

Old 01-31-2007, 01:41 AM

hey im not gay but i love you guys
Well, I am secure enough with my sexuality (and my beautiful girlfriend standing over my shoulder) to say that I love you too.

As for the other light, did it say "OD OFF"?

Idk if you have auto or 5spd.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 AM

lol naw and i should have said this early its a 95 rs 5 spd sorry about that

Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 AM

i have that same light on my car could never figure out what it was but i thought i kinda looked like a little carasell

Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 AM

That's your radiator dummy light. Some folks say that it looks like a carousel, some say it looks like a house, and even some sort of Roman/Greek building with colums, and even the Lincoln Monument.
...but it's your Radiator light

Like this...

Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 AM

Your check engine light tests itself every time you turn the car on. It should turn on for about 5 seconds after the car has started running, then shut off. If you dont see it at all, either the bulb is burnt out...orrrr something really bad happened...

Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

it definetly sounds like a compression test is do here. Hopefully you dont get a bad answer from it

Quick Reply: u guys are going to hate me i know