2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

ultimate mitsubishi sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Default ultimate mitsubishi sleeper

I am looking for a new toy, getting a bit tired of the 420a and I was just letting my mind wonder about what would be a cool car. I then rembered last summer I was at my local street scene and some dude rolled up in a iszuzu pup, it was some nissan motor swap thing, boosted and all. I I though it was pretty cool. So then I got thinking about little trucks like that and mitsubishi makes one called the mighty max. It looks like an old s10, but it comes equipped with a 4g64... So I got thinking how cool would it be to drop in a 4g63 6bolt into one of those little things. Ultimate mitsu sleeper. The only thing I can think of being a problem is that its rwd and the tranny wouldnt be able to hold all of that power. The rear could proly be switched to a gsx or galant vr4 one, which would be hard to find. BUt the tranny thing got me thinking what could be done to fix it, first I though an evo tranny or a gsx tranny<awd conversion> but the motor in the mighty max faces 90 degrees oppisit of the gsx/tsi/evo. So it would be possible but be limited power wise... what do you guys think?

PS I have no intentions to do it.

fear it...lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/4562/5CC808CBA833479882339AA62728814F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Default RE: ultimate mitsubishi sleeper

Well if you are looking for a truck sleeper go with a older s10 they come witha v6 and are easy to swap to a small block like a 383 stroker. This would provide un godly power for a small truck and the tranny and motor require small mods to make them work. I saw a sleeper like this and it was running low 10 high 9's in the quater with a NA motor. in my opionion the only way to go with a truck is american v8 or boosted v6.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:31 PM

like i said i dont really want one. I dont have to time to put it togather. I just thouhgt it would be something pretty cool to see.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=329485

Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 PM

In the original Mischief, the featured ride was a mighty max(or maybe a nissan truck) that had a turbo motor swap. It was the four wheel drive version tho

Old 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nah the ULTIMATE sleeper would be a Metro.... or even a Yugo.... LOL

Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Some dodge minivans came with 4g64's also....

Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Now that I think about it.... There IS a guy with a turbo Dodge Caravan that was taking out the old muscle left and right... he has a site I can't remember it though...I think it's turbominivan.com He's got video's on there of him rippin up camaro's and mustangs and trans ams LOL. IN A MINIVAN...

Old 11-10-2005, 12:47 AM

My friend had the pleasure to get ripped by one. I dont think it was the same guy though. He was crusing down rt 322 in nj, long 2 lane high way with lights every so often. BTW he drives a ls1 ta. this is in his words " I was just crusing along when I herd this whisiling sound next to me, I was a minivan, silver with mahongy door pannels. At first I though maybe it was the tranny going, but we both came to a light and the guy yelled over to me and asked if i wanted to run him. I laughed and asked him if he was serious. He said ya. So light turned green and I smacked on it. The dude was just chillen, He didnt launch at all. Just kinda left the line slowly then bam he flew by me. The whole time all I herd was his car spoolen up. So he signaled me to follw him and he pluued into a walmart parking lot and got out of the car and we both got talking. Apparently he had the thing turboed and a 5spd conversion. It was the untimate sleeper, wouldent even expect it with the doors being all grand ma like."

Old 11-10-2005, 01:54 AM

4g63 mightymax has been done, it will work. I cant find the webpage I was lookin for, but the guy who did it also 4g63's a porsche:
http://hometown.aol.com/emplebani/motorjpeg.html
pretty neat. Ive seen vids of his mightymax offroading. looks like lots of fun.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I knew a guy that took his turbo off his honda and fitted it to a metro nedless to say it lasted for 3 weeks but the looks he got when beat people in a race was the funniest thing i ever saw. How would u like to get beaten by a metro?

Quick Reply: ultimate mitsubishi sleeper