2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Default want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota

hey all
im 15 and a half years old, about to turn 16 in 3 weeks. and i will have my license. i was debating getting a mitsubishi eclipse, because i hear they are quite customizable and very good first cars. i would want to customize it with a good system, and maybe some lights or even some deeper mods that i could do. i dont know much about cars, so maybe you guys could recommend me a good looking eclipse, and for what mileage and things to look out for, adn waht basic stuff i could do to make it look very good and last me a long time

please help me out

thank you

Old 06-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Banned
Default RE: want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota

Woohoo another potential DSMer. I will recomend a 1997-1999 GSX manual trans anything around 100k on the clock is normal. If you want to save money i recomend buying one that is already modded performance wise. If you want to make it look really nice i recomend finding the 97-99 that looks great anyway and getting some decent rims for it and it will look awesome. The car looks great in red and silver.

A few general things to look out for. like when you test drive the car make sure you hit all 5 gears and including reverse looking for any grinding or shifting problems. Go full throttle a couple times checking for clutch slip. Look under the radiater cap for rust. Then check the oil dipstick (oil should be golden brown and not black) black oil = oil change needed. If the oil cap has any goopy white stuff on it then walk away from the deal. Look out for any abnormal smoke from the exhaust. A little black smoke on any turbo eclipse is normal but nothing huge should come out. A good eclipse GSX will start at at least $8000. If you dont have that kind of money then maybe a GST.

If you have any questions i have not already answered then feel free to contact me via AIM @ NitrousJunkie101

Old 06-11-2006, 01:36 PM

where about in MN are you?? I've found that GSX and GST are kinda hard to find around here that are for sale... That is why I settled with a GS.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:46 PM

here are some i found on car soup the other day. Not sure if the links will work though

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.a...DealerGroupID=

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.a...&DealerGroupID

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.a...DealerGroupID=

Old 06-11-2006, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: indianpryd45

and very good first cars.

That is not true.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:32 PM

hey man,
thanks for replying
lol ive never driven stick before, are all eclipses stick? or maybe there are some good looking automatics out there?
could you tell me a little bit about stick shift maybe, and since im going to be buying from Carsoup.com, hopefully before the year is up, would there be any good onces on there?

EDIT: the 1st and 3rd links up there look really good
i might actually take interest in looking into those 2

would they be good?

IM in teh St.Paul area

Old 06-11-2006, 03:40 PM

No, you can get them in automatics also

Old 06-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

Take the time to learn a stick you wont regret it!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 AM

1995 Eclipse RS - $4,800-obo
Click Here

1994 Eclipse - $3,200
Click Here

Old 06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

its really all about the price range. If you got the money then get the turbo models. If not then get a gs or an rs. They are pretty good cars to start out on, especially if you want to learn how to drive standard . And if your looking for customizable options then this is a great car for that, there is a huge aftermarket on the eclipse's. Just be aware then when the time comes that you want to buy stuff for it, to stick with name brand, there are alot of knockoffs that wont fit right.

Quick Reply: want to buy a good eclipse in Minnesota