2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

What did you do today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Default i just had Xmas

I just got my new BOV in the mail along with my Powder coated valve cover.. funny thing is I was cleaning out my MAS and installing My high output raid fans when my parts came. well more play time in the morning.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Last night I sanded and primed the passenger side fender that I bought from a guy down the street with a parts eclipse. 20 bucks and its in good condition.

Next, I am looking to get a passenger door with a working manual window and a working outer handle. Color isn't all that important as I will just sand it down eventually. Oh and the car wont run till I swap the engine in. I need to upload a pic of the car I am working with.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:59 PM

fender looks good brother.
I ordered an engine stand yesterday and it should be here tomorrow so i can mount my new engine up. I also got my 4g64 cam gears yesterday, but i'm still waiting on all the other gaskets and parts. The engine arrived on tuesday. I had to file a claim with UPS because when they pulled it off the truck an entire side was missing from the crate. The oil pan was dented all to hell, the timing cover was destroyed, water pump was seized, valve cover cracked, oil pump sprocket cracked, and the crank angle sensor's plug was crushed. I was pretty excited about getting the engine and now I have to wait on this claim so I can replace a bunch of stuff that was already replaced in the rebuild. It looked like it had fallen off the pallet onto its side. As soon as i get the engine stand I have to pull the valve cover and oil pan to make sure nothing else was messed up. Can you guys think of anything else that could be messed up INSIDE the engine from falling on the timing belt side? Thanks guys

Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Default mad!

pull my blank out and blank on my car!

Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 PM

that didn't make any sense

Old 03-28-2009, 09:40 PM

well it could be
1st blank: sunglasses, 2nd blank: sun bathed.
1st: blender. 2nd: made smoothies....
1st: Crayons. 2nd: colored....
or something else of course but that would be immature.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM

looked at my 96 RS that i spent to much money on (5 grand for it replaced master and slave cylinder and god knows how many sensors) and wish i would have bought a gsx or gst =(

Old 03-30-2009, 05:05 PM

Since last Thursday I have been working on an engine swap. Most of the work is being done by a friend in his dads shop while I am at work but I have been a good bit of work after work. :P

Let me put this into perspective.
(This is from a previous post)
I bought a 1997 RS about a year ago. Sparked my craze for eclipse. Bad thing is that it is an automatic. So I bought a manual RS (same year) with a blown engine so that I could either fix the engine or swap in my running engine from my automatic into the manual.

Obviously I decided on the swap. The manual eclipse that I bought (with the blown engine) had tan interior. The automatic (with the running engine that is going in to the manual car) has all gray interior. I didn't like the tan so I swapped out the tan interior for the gray. The carpet, the seat belts, the seats, all the panels, the glove box and the trim. The engine should be done tomorrow. Here is a few pics.
The guy in the pic below is not me haha. Hes a guy that works in the shop.

These photos are from the second day of work. A little more has been done to the interior. Can't wait to put up the finished project

Last edited by Xanderthedude; 03-30-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 AM

looks good brother. you're doing a hell of a job! Thats what color my car is stock. I'm thinking about returning it to that color. (barcelona red)

Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM

I think I want to keep this color. I think it looks really good. I pretty much need a whole new paint job tho. If I do ever get it painted I think I will keep this color but get some metal flakes in it to add a little spark :P Funding is the hardest part. It all will come in time. Hopefully.

Quick Reply: What did you do today?