Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   What tha hell happened to my car??? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/what-tha-hell-happened-my-car-8663/)

jeffery0266 02-26-2006 05:35 PM

What tha hell happened to my car???

Hey guys,I was finishing installing my stereo today and I was sitting in the car while it was ideling and after about 5 min's of ideling the motor started shaking and it started sputtering like it was missing and it continued doing this and I tried giving it gas and that only made it worse.Then it died.I started it back and it did the same thing.I left for a few min's and tried it again.It was still doing it.BTW,the car is a 95 rx.Anybody got any ideas about what it could be?

eclipse99 02-26-2006 10:24 PM

RE: What tha hell happened to my car???

rs or rx? sounds like you ran low on gas. did you check that?

jeffery0266 02-26-2006 11:10 PM

At first I didn't check the gas because it was showing a quater of a tank.But then by the time I used my common sense(which I lack...LOL) I determined that it was was out of gas...LOLI put 2 gallons in it and it purred like a kitten.If you all remember,I did the same thing a month or so ago.Ran out of gas in my own damn driveway.LOLWhat an idiot.

Sanguinius 02-27-2006 05:01 AM

That's great... Ran outta gas in your own driveway... Sounds like your about ready for a new fuel level float. I'm not sure on the Eclipse but it MIGHT be mounted on the fuel pump. If it is replace both and kill 2 birds with 1 stone :D. AND you won't have to worry about running yourself outta gas anymore! (Also until then OUT A STICKIE ON THE DASH! Remind yourself NOT to let it get to 1/4 a ank LOL)

93eclipsegsx 02-27-2006 10:43 AM

mine was worse, i had a 90 GS and i had to keep it above 1/2 tank because the owner before me took the car somewhere to have it resealed or something and it came back dorked up. even when it was around 1/2 and i went around a corner, the car would jerk like no other!

Sanguinius 02-27-2006 02:13 PM

Time for a tank flush and sensor replacement? lol...

93eclipsegsx 02-27-2006 02:30 PM

yeah im lucky i got rid of it just in time. he smoked the tranny out of it doing burnouts within a week. :)

ah so funny

Sanguinius 02-27-2006 02:58 PM

Go figure... What a dumbass...

NubianSithLord 02-27-2006 05:35 PM

I thought you could F up your injectors by running out of gas.
Or is that just a myth?

Sanguinius 02-27-2006 10:29 PM

Yes running injectors w no gas can kill them.