Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   What's common for Turn signal, brake, battery lights? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/whats-common-turn-signal-brake-battery-lights-12736/)

ricketter 08-15-2006 07:34 PM

What's common for Turn signal, brake, battery lights?

Started car today after short trip, the dash brake light and battery light stay on and the turn signals and emer flashers do not work.
Brake fluid is fine, emergency brake was not set. Voltage at the battery is 14+ v when running, 12+ when off. All other lights, headlights, running lights, and brake lights are fine. There does not seem to be a fuse for turn signals, and only a 10amp(which is good) listed for emer flashers.

Any ideas?

Thanks
rick

Nubiebubie_GSX 08-15-2006 07:51 PM

RE: What's common for Turn signal, brake, battery lights?

Well for me when i got water splash on my alternator my brake light and battery light came on and off. Maybe u need a new alternator. Just a suggestion to check.

ricketter 08-16-2006 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Nubiebubie_GSX

Well for me when i got water splash on my alternator my brake light and battery light came on and off. Maybe u need a new alternator. Just a suggestion to check.
Well, I don't think it is. that was why I mentioned the volts from the alt being solid at 14+ volts. I'm thinking I need to look more at a link/switch/module that some bit of power goes through and has outputs for these items. Looks like this year eclipse doesn't have a flasher unit, but the manual I have isn't very specific in the wiring area.

RCJr9186 08-16-2006 03:11 PM

take it to an auto part store and have em run a free diagnostic. they may be able to tell you why they are on and lead you to the problem

ricketter 08-16-2006 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

take it to an auto part store and have em run a free diagnostic. they may be able to tell you why they are on and lead you to the problem
I might give it a try, but it's not showing any codes on the hand-held reader i have and the check light isn't on. Is it possible to have codes and not have the check light on?

slvr_eclipse 08-16-2006 08:02 PM

yea I believe so. There can be codes that are on there until you have them erased even after the problem has been fixed. There are two different kind and i cant remember what they call them.

ricketter 08-17-2006 03:21 PM

Problem solved...

Actually there was a fuse somewhere under the hood. Wasn't listed as turn signal.
Don't know which one directly, the guy that replaced it wasn't there when I picked the car up.

I guess next time I won't depend on labels and diagrams.