Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Whats the diffrence??? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/whats-diffrence-9897/)

bagz 04-15-2006 11:38 PM

Whats the diffrence???

if you take the valves and everything else out of a head so its just the metal from a 2.0 dohc turbo and to a 2.0 dohc non turbo whats the diffrence?? and the same thing with the block whats the diffrence??

im making a race engine and i have the non turbo but i want turbo. im replacing everything anyway but i dont want to do it to mine if theres a diffrence between the two.

ictponder 04-16-2006 01:49 AM

RE: Whats the diffrence???

difference*

5Tizzle 04-16-2006 05:01 AM

There is no difference. If theyre both the 4g63, its just the difference of a turbo being bolted on or not.

EMonz57 04-16-2006 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

There is no difference. If theyre both the 4g63, its just the difference of a turbo being bolted on or not.
WRONG THE PISTONS SHOULD BE DIFFERENT. NON TURBO USES HIGHER COMPRESSION PISTONS OTHER THAN THAT THERE MAY BE VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE. (THATS PROVIDING ITS A 1G NON TURBO 2.0)

bagz 04-16-2006 03:58 PM

yea but i said if you take everything out. im replacing everything anyway so i should just get a non turbo right? because its cheaper

EMonz57 04-16-2006 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bagz

yea but i said if you take everything out. im replacing everything anyway so i should just get a non turbo right? because its cheaper
it doesnt much matter I dont thing. if your building it completelty then it make no difference. I dont think the crank is differnte.

And sorry about the CAPS lock on my other post[:@] didnt know that I had the it turned on it was early lol

bagz 04-16-2006 05:33 PM

lol alright i have the 1g non turbo 6 bolt but theres some stripped bolts and stuff like that. should i get a new engine and build off that one or use this one?

5Tizzle 04-16-2006 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

WRONG THE PISTONS SHOULD BE DIFFERENT. NON TURBO USES HIGHER COMPRESSION PISTONS OTHER THAN THAT THERE MAY BE VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE. (THATS PROVIDING ITS A 1G NON TURBO 2.0)

o woops. i didnt see that he was talking about the block. i only thought he was talking about the head...guess i wasnt paying attention...

slow420a 04-16-2006 08:39 PM

the blocks are different. The n/a block has a different style oil pump routing though it making the oil pressure lower then a non turbo.... which is bad if you want to make high hp# I would recomend getting a turbo block if you going to build it.

EMonz57 04-16-2006 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

the blocks are different. The n/a block has a different style oil pump routing though it making the oil pressure lower then a non turbo.... which is bad if you want to make high hp# I would recomend getting a turbo block if you going to build it.
did not know that;)