2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

where to buy - sparks/wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Default RE: where to buy - sparks/wires

the way I see it, more gas burned = ... well, more gas burned.. so you use more gas and have poor gas mileage... But hey, I'm a nub, I don't understand the technical details of how gas consumption works. lol

Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM

no you are getting it twisted. the same amount of fuel is pu into the piston but with hotter plugs and better conducting wire more of that gas is burned and no thrown out the tail pipe.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 PM

I don't know if you mean fumes or what, 'cause I know gas isn't dripping out of my tail pipe! [:-]

Old 01-24-2006, 05:15 PM

not literal liquid gas but when the gas atomizes "mixes very well" with the air when shot from the injectors it is a mist type sustance like fog inside teh piston chamber than spark will go off and light it now more hoter spark goes off the more of that materal get compleatly used during the compresion cycle of the motor this gives your better gass milage and more power out of the same amount of gas because more exspansion of the combusted gases pushes the piston down faster and with more force whuch hit the crank through the tranny axels and so on. Now there stil is some of that materal "fog stuff" not alot that is left un-used a hotter plug reduces that by burning more in the piston chamber.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:37 PM

There it is! A good explanation my friend.. sometimes I need one of those to truely understand what is going on. You did it well, thank you

So... now... is it possible to get a plug that is too hot for my car? I mean, advance auto parts and the official NGK site both show the same plugs to be compatible with my car.. of course, it doesn't say how hot or cold they are.. not sure how I can find that information out either? Remember, I shop online mostly, not at auto parts stores.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 PM

yes you can have a plug that is too "hot" this will cause preignition in teh piston chamber this link will explain how nkg along with some other company show you how hot the plug u are buying is and what a hotter plug means for you preformance.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...000&country=US

Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 PM

well, I read the whole thing and from what it sounds like, I would want a cold plug, not a hot plug.

And from what I can tell, the plugs I am looking at are a 6 ... which is a mid heat range.. 5 is hot, 6 is mid, and 7 is cold. So says dis page rye hia http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...000&country=US And here are the two plug I'm looking at http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=960&ptset=A and http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=960&ptset=A

And doesn't anyone else have an opinion on this matter? No offense get435, but you're the only guy giving me information.. I'd like a 2nd and 3rd opinon. I usually get it... this is a little weird.. this thread has been up for 2 or 3 days now. lol

Old 01-25-2006, 10:02 AM

If ngk suggest a mid range plug go with it i could not remember what they suggested for a stock boar motor. I had a 420a in my gs that was board .25 over and had someother mods that required a hoter spark plug because i was burning more fuel than stock.

As for other replying i am a little shocked as well. lol

Old 01-25-2006, 11:07 AM

Yeah.. usually at least 5 people reply. You even have the stray guy who tries to thread jack you or talk about something totally off topic for no reason.. but now.. no one! It's like a waste land.. Odd... I'm almost tempted to try that drink in your signature.. maybe it would draw attention to the thread

But thanks for the help get435, I do appreciate it. I'm still considering weither to get the Nology hot wires or not.. are they really work $150??

Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 AM

If future upgrades are planed sure i went msd Superconductors myself they were about $69-$80 retail goes for same as Nology i got them from bradshaw autoparts dont know if they have a website took about 5 days to get to me special orderd.

Quick Reply: where to buy - sparks/wires