2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

where can i...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Default RE: where can i...

yes it is I uses a 2G gs\RS exhaust on my GS because at the time it was 2001 there were not many modds for the 3Gs and I wanted an Apexi N1 exhaust so Thats what I did and it worked just fine

Old 01-12-2006, 08:05 PM

yes it is I uses a 2G gs\RS exhaust on my GS because at the time it was 2001 there were not many modds for the 3Gs and I wanted an Apexi N1 exhaust so Thats what I did and it worked just fine

Old 01-12-2006, 08:48 PM

so what kit should i go for? post n e subjestions... i really dont know much about the exhaust selection... ok so if i can get a 3g GST (isnt that a turbo header?) and that will work on my car and give the extra room i need? or should i just buy the 3g headers and 2g n1 cat system? **pulls out hair** this is too confusing and my local (self proclaimed) 'tuner' shop only has tips... i'm NOT tipping my stock exhaust....may as well spray paint my hood gray so it looks CF as well...

Old 01-12-2006, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

so what kit should i go for? post n e subjestions... i really dont know much about the exhaust selection... ok so if i can get a 3g GST (isnt that a turbo header?) and that will work on my car and give the extra room i need? or should i just buy the 3g headers and 2g n1 cat system? **pulls out hair** this is too confusing and my local (self proclaimed) 'tuner' shop only has tips... i'm NOT tipping my stock exhaust....may as well spray paint my hood gray so it looks CF as well...
ok you are def. confused here, the 3G was never made turbo charged so a 3G header made for the 4G64 in the eclipses from 2000-2005 should work for you car. Now the 2G was made turbo as well and non turbo this is where you can make a choice. you can buy a GST exhaust if you ever plan on turboing your car that is the way to go. If not and you would rather stay non turbo you can buy an exhaust made for either a GS\RS non turbo 2G or any exhaust made for the 3G (doesnt matter V6 and I4 are the same). If you go with a 3G exhaust you will need to have all the hangers on it cut off and re welded on the other side from there you are good to go

Old 01-12-2006, 11:50 PM

ahh thank you...that helped a lot....thats the only mod i would have to do to make the 3G exhaust fit on my car? chop off the hangers and rewend then on the opposite side? heh....that seems easy enough.. and i think i'll stick N/A cause i mean yeah turbo is great.. but not only do i have the money for it... i also dont have the car for it really....

although i am pretty sure those kits on tearstone would fit my car perfect... just reverse everything... wtf why they have to go and reverse the 3G spyders..

Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 AM

ahh thank you...that helped a lot....thats the only mod i would have to do to make the 3G exhaust fit on my car? chop off the hangers and rewend then on the opposite side? heh....that seems easy enough.. and i think i'll stick N/A cause i mean yeah turbo is great.. but not only do i have the money for it... i also dont have the car for it really....

although i am pretty sure those kits on tearstone would fit my car perfect... just reverse everything... wtf why they have to go and reverse the 3G spyders..
thats all you need to do for the exhaust, as far as tearstone kit it wont fit, and the 4G64 is in all 4cyl 3Gs not just spyders like the 2Gs

Old 01-13-2006, 01:24 AM

You could actually make your own for a cheaper price with better parts if you wanted to... it would just take some fabercation...

Old 01-13-2006, 08:30 AM

i'll look for 3G exhaust.. i'll post some of my choices..

Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM

this seems a little sketchy

i know its nopi and all but that seems really way tooo cheap to be a full cat back....and it has no real info on it....tell me what you guys think

Old 01-13-2006, 03:58 PM

this seems a little sketchy

i know its nopi and all but that seems really way tooo cheap to be a full cat back....and it has no real info on it....tell me what you guys think
its seems like a cheap knock-off. thats why is so cheap.

Quick Reply: where can i...