2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Where is my oil going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Default Where is my oil going?

Okay, 2001 Eclipse GS, 2.4. 250k . I was getting a lot of misfire codes and when I noticed bubbles bubbling in my coolant jug I decided it was time to replace the head gasket. The job went well, I had the head milled and a valve job done. Now its about 4 weeks later and it's its running better than it EVER has. Except now I am using oil, which it has never done before. I'm putting in a quart a week or so. I get white smoke for about 20 seconds in the morning when I start up, but no smoke after that. There is no sign of leakage, not even small drips. Where is my oil going? Would valve seals account for this much oil usage? I gave the machine shop new seals, actually they asked for them, so I'm confident they were replaced. Any ideas or solutions would be really great. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:28 AM

i just posted this in another post,, usually when there are bubbles coming up in the reservoir it indicates that you have a blown head gasket in time it will either turn your oil into pudding or your radiator into pudding or both.. by then you will need an engine over haul
if you get it in time, not have pudding mush in your crank case or radiator
you will need to replace the head gasket.. and add new oil and flush radiator and refill..