2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

why wont my car start?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Default why wont my car start?

sup, one night my car was running fine and then the next morning it wouldnt even turn over andi couldnt get it to start. And im posotive that i didnt leave my lights on or anything that would drain the battery. when i tied to jump strt it it wouldnt work either, it still wouldnt turn over. but when i push started it, it started right away. then i drove it for a few miles and when i turned it off and tired to start it back up again it did the same thing it did before and wouldnt turn over. so im not sure wats wrong with it. aight thanx</P>

91 eagle talon</P>

Old 07-03-2003, 10:17 PM

you need to have your altinator checked, could be bad..has the starter been doing anything different lately? grinding jumping teeth? my guess would be the altinator, but you can find out for sure by having it checked...most automotive places check them for free..

Old 07-07-2003, 08:00 AM

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=blue size=3>Just a little help it may be the starter. Mine wouldn't start some times then after awhile start up so try that. Try when your car wont start, tap on the starter, kinda hard and if it starts up theres your problem.</FONT>

Old 07-08-2003, 01:58 AM

yeah tap on the starter hard, and if it's not the problem you might cause a problem.. tapping hard on the starter doesn't sound like a good idea to me. i take it Dark_angel95 is not a mechanic, nor should he ever be...</P>

remember to do all of these things at your own risk...</P>

Old 07-08-2003, 06:47 AM

yeah but a little tapping will not damage the starter. Continous tapping will have a adverse affect. But its the only way to really find out. If white gsx knew what the hell he was talking about he wouldn't shove his foot so far in his mouth. And comes from a mechanics mouth not mine jackass(white gsx)

Old 07-08-2003, 04:32 PM

whatever, some mechanic you have *******... do your homework then come back and chat

Old 07-09-2003, 08:08 AM

once again whitey go back to your whack *** crew. And when you finally realize that your a f**king fool. Come apologize and we'll be friends! HAHA

Old 07-09-2003, 04:31 PM

dark didn't your mom teach you any manners?</P>

don't talk with your mouth full, take my di*k out of your mouth...</P>

</P>

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

Old 07-09-2003, 11:01 PM

tapping on the starter is harmless.</P>

</P>

smacking it with a hammer after a full swing could easily damage it.</P>

"tapping" starters has been an old trick of mechanics for 80 years. sticking bushings, bad connections, torn armature windings... all may be found by "tapping" the starter whilst its under an electrical load.</P>

Old 07-10-2003, 08:33 AM

thank you many brews. I was waiting for some one with some brains to come in here. Much props. and whitey.......keep my name out your mouth, your girlfriend screams it enough!PUNK!!!

Quick Reply: why wont my car start?