2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Wide Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wide Body

Yeha remember if you don't know anything about bodywork then it's likely a bad idea to try it yourself. Bolt on mods you can get away with doing yourself without knowing much but the body is a whole different story. Fitting will never be perfect, then you have teh sanding, the priming, and the painting. Sanding requiring 5 or 6 different full sanding runs on it... Bah screw that I'll leave that crap to the profesionals.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Honestly i know stuff happens but i dont hit curbs man. Been driving for 4 years and have never even scratched my car.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipseonjuice

Honestly i know stuff happens but i dont hit curbs man. Been driving for 4 years and have never even scratched my car.
Accidents are called accidents for a reason, I have been driving for 4 years also and I was parked at a wawa and some drunk lady backed into my car, wrecked my front fender, if I ahd a wide body kit on the car I would have been toast.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 AM

what people dont understand is just teh weight of your boddy leaning on it will crack the fibergalss. NESpeeds RX-7 has stress cracks on the corners of his bumper, you cant avoid it from happening.

Now god forbid you slowly roll into a pot hole or a parking spot and bump the front end. you will crack it pretty good. and if something of speed hits it for get it fiberGLASS it will shatter. I have even seen hail storms blow wholes into fiber glass kits.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:42 AM

all the reason why I wouldnt waiste my time or money on fiberglass. Fiberglass kits are cheaper to buy but ALOT more labor to put on and will cost you more after install than just buying Ploy urethane from the start and having it put on.

urethane is a direct fit too and no cracking

Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

all the reason why I wouldnt waiste my time or money on fiberglass. Fiberglass kits are cheaper to buy but ALOT more labor to put on and will cost you more after install than just buying Ploy urethane from the start and having it put on.

also the urethane i think can be heated to fit so even if it doesnt directly fit then its cheaper to get to fit perfectly.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

also the urethane i think can be heated to fit so even if it doesnt directly fit then its cheaper to get to fit perfectly.
urethane is NOT cheaper to buy than fiberglass but after all the labor of paint and install id bet urethane end up cheaper since there is no prep needed...and if not after time it will be since you wont ever need to repare stress cracks and stuff like that

Old 03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

thats what i was saying is that the installation will definetly be cheaper

Old 03-19-2006, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yes BUT also on the flipside SOME things just aren't supported for Urethane. I STILL can't find a Eurethane kit for my Sentra. Fiberglass is my ONLY option with it.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Yes BUT also on the flipside SOME things just aren't supported for Urethane. I STILL can't find a Eurethane kit for my Sentra. Fiberglass is my ONLY option with it.
that depends on the makers... Wings west is all urethane. Blitz offers the choice. and Razzi is something similar to urethane

Quick Reply: Wide Body