Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   would you give $5300 for this?? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/would-you-give-%245300-22291/)

2bdetermined 09-18-2007 09:52 PM

would you give $5300 for this??

I seen this on a site for a 2.0 stroker. I'd want a DOHC with 10.5:1 pistons. Tell me what you think...

Detailed Description

2.0 Litre Create Motor Long Blocks comes with the following parts installed.

Clevite 77 Rod Bearing Set

Clevite 77 Main Bearing Set

Total Seal Piston Rings

New Carter Water Pump

All gaskets and Seals

Melling Oil Pump

Eagle Specialty Forged Rods

JE Pistons in your choice of 8.6, 10.5 or 12.5 compression

16 Eaton PT Cruiser Lash Adjusters (Lifters)

16 PT Cruiser Cam Followers (Rockers)

Timing Belt

Complete Head Gasket Set

1 Pair of Crane DOHC Cams 431-0010, 431-0012, 431-0014, 431-0016 or 431-0018

1 Pair of AEM Adjustable Cam Gears

Crane Valve Springs

set of stainless steel valves

Seasoned Block and head

Blocks are bored and honed with a deck plate to insure that the cylinder walls are true.

Crankshaft and rotating assembly are race balanced

Cylinder head; Smooth the casting, and blend the seats, full race port with reshaped ports, reshaped combustion chamber, and full port matching.

Cams are degreed for proper centerline All clearances are blue printed

When ordering your short block specify SOHC or DOHC, and specify compression ratio you desire.

Long blocks are shipped without valve cover and without oil pan and no timing cover

Shipped without exhaust manifold and intake manifold

These are race engines and are sold for racing purposes only. They are sold as is, with no warranty expressed or implied. Engine contains no oil. Proper break in of engine must be observed to insure long life. Inspect all bracket mounting holes before use. Engines are built to order, estimated build time could be serveral months before engine is complete and ready to ship.
Long block with your core Long block $4699.95. Shipping cost is extra. Blocks are shipped by Motor Freight from Keyser. Lift gate service to help in unloading is available at additional cost, but must be requested at the time of order. Engine must be signed for at time of delivery.

Sebba 09-18-2007 10:11 PM

RE: would you give $5300 for this??

Why do you want 10.5:1?

I would pay that much.... but i wouldnt get those pistsons.

Is the car in your Avartar yours? I have seen that on ebay multiple times.

Simss 09-18-2007 10:43 PM

I wouldnt pay that much for it, seeing as how the 4g63 is very capable of producing a lot of horse power as it is. what are you planning on doing that requires you to get a new race engine? what kind of mods do you currently have? upgraded springs, brakes, calipers? It sure sucks when you are going fast and dont have very good means of stopping.

TheEngineer 09-19-2007 06:53 AM

Do you have a link to this. I just want to know the company. Also its not called a 2.0 stroker. That makes no sense :D

2bdetermined 09-19-2007 07:12 AM

Sebba, I want to get 10.5:1 because I'm keeping it N/A. And your right the avatar is from a car on ebay. My ride is basic black.

Simms, I wish my car had 4g63 but I'm one of the poor souls stuck with a 420a, and I've heard the cost for a changeover would be like $4g+ not counting the engine. Right now I'm in the process of doing a 4 wheel disk conversion and 1.5" drop respectivly.

Engineer, I got this from a site called Howell Automotive. www.howellautomotive.com . Look in the 2g eclipse section under crate engines.

Sebba 09-19-2007 07:26 AM

NO WAY wouldi pay that much. You dont need any of that for a n/a motor at all...

Why are you going N/A? Do you have an RS/GS?

2bdetermined 09-19-2007 07:35 AM

I got a 95 RS. Like I said just doing research. And looking for some decent imput before I commit. What I'm looking for is to get decent hp while keeping it N/A if possible. Decent being 200+ while still keeping the tires hooked up.

sk8dudety 09-19-2007 08:11 AM

if you're gettin that motor for an rs, you might as well turbo it. cause all of that stuff isnt power gaining, it's mostly just for strength... you really wouldn't notice much of a power difference when you drive it, you'd just sleep better at night knowing its a new motor... but if you're spendin that much money on a motor, you might as well turbo it and make it worth it

TheEngineer 09-19-2007 09:00 AM

Your gonna spend all that money just to be NA. Whats the point. You could build your 420a with couple extras and turbo your car for that money. And So you were gonna spend 5300 on a engine and only get like a low 15 sec to high 14 sec 1/4 mile?

Simss 09-19-2007 11:21 AM

if your serious here sell your car buy a gst or gsx and then put the left over cash into a new turbo and fuel system. it would be less of a headache and you would be much happier