3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

2000 Mitisubishi Eclipse GT Want It All Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Default RE: 2000 Mitisubishi Eclipse GT Want It All Motor

ORIGINAL: Wingo171

Actually, non FI in the GT motor of a 2000 is capable of pushing close *not as efficiently as a turbo* to the same power if compared to a small turbo. A lightened flywheel, performance clutch, cat back exhaust, CAI w/Performance intake manifold+TB, Headers, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, Spark plugs+Spark Cables. I have done research and debated both, the main reason I prefer turbo is you can get bettergas mileage on your car if you want to by not using the boost but rather letting the TC condense your air and cool it off for ya while reusing any unburned fuel that is emitted as exhaust, and you can use a TC with Stock internals and push it's limits or Build the internals and crank up the PSI to exceed and pretty well double the stock Horse.
All motor will never make the power of a turboing it. even a T25 would put that car in the 250HP range and that thing is about as ****ty as it gets. The 3G GT only makes about 150WHP and the 2000 model fed spec (which he has is only slightly better) and ask Russ (Tearstone) what happens to them when they go headers intake exhaust a tuneand all that happy stuff. Russ only made 180somthing WHP he gained like 20HP which is nothing the car was still a hih 14 sec car. So now russ is running a 50trim turbo at 8 PSI and making well over 300HP and running low 13s. you do the math lol..... Staying NA to try and make power is cool and all but he just def picked one of the worst platforms to even try to make power with. At least hondas are light weight cars and they can make some power all motor with little money compaired to what it would take the 3G to make power at.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM

man even though i dont have a turbo yet i still know you wont get out of the 13-14 range without it i plan on puttin a 4g63t in mine but ya never mention the turbos are for pussies thing again it doesnt matter how mutch money you put into your car without a turbo even a fwd stock turbo will still beat you like a drum

Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

you will never get out of the 14s with an all motor 3G eclipse. They make hardly any power on bolt ons.. youll ge to about 210WHP and thats about where it will end unless you got a HUGE banck accout and een still my little turbo motor will freaking make it look stupid
mike he will get at most 215WHP =D its a 2000 fed spec haha =D and going all motor... go ahead... rebuild it be prepared to put down some money baby =D but sooner or later you'll want to go faster and slap a nice ole turbo on it..

your 2000 fed spec GT all motor

vs

my 2001 just a turbo no motor yet

you'll see the difference.. and you'll want some of this *pu$$y* $h|t tehe

not to flame but i am a big supporter with a turbo in our 3g's

Old 03-24-2007, 04:12 AM

Actually, non FI in the GT motor of a 2000 is capable of pushing close *not as efficiently as a turbo* to the same power if compared to a small turbo. A lightened flywheel, performance clutch, cat back exhaust, CAI w/Performance intake manifold+TB, Headers, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, Spark plugs+Spark Cables. I have done research and debated both, the main reason I prefer turbo is you can get bettergas mileage on your car if you want to by not using the boost but rather letting the TC condense your air and cool it off for ya while reusing any unburned fuel that is emitted as exhaust, and you can use a TC with Stock internals and push it's limits or Build the internals and crank up the PSI to exceed and pretty well double the stock Horse.
here let me explain.. its KNOWN FACT that our GT pistons.. are a piece of crap... even pepboys pistons will work better for crying out loud... and dont get me started on the GTS pistons.. POS

you spend all that money on A lightened flywheel, performance clutch, cat back exhaust, CAI w/Performance intake manifold+TB, Headers, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, Spark plugs+Spark Cables

you'll only get what max 275whp? with all that done.. i mean not bad.. but hey im running that on 7psi and 300whp at 8psi.. upgrade my pistons and your all motor wont be able to catch up.

build that motor.. slap on a turbo.. and insted of hondakiller you can be named vettekiller now which one sounds more beefy and bad.. oh man i beat a honda today... oh its so nice..

or dude i beat a vette =D

our cars are heavy... very heavy... and its basicly a tank ranging around 3000pounds well mine is 3227 pounds and with all motor you wont see or taste the 13s because the power in the motor wont get to it fast enough before the 1/4 is up.. get a built motor like i said slap on a turbo and some drag tires... tune it up good.. and your looking at what.. ive seen our 3g's hit mid 11's

Old 03-24-2007, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 00ECLIPSEGTNY

I got this new toy its a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and i want it to be a sleeper. All Motor I think NOS and Turbo are some ***** ****. so let me know what needs to be done for this baby to be running the strip.

LOCK IT UP.IMMA HONDA KILLER>
must mean im a ***** beacuse my 3g has one.. but my ***** will slap you around all day long and im proud of it =D

sorry you just got me heated up... i didnt pay around 15k on all the mods and work i have done to it and for some kid to come in here and say its ***** Sh*t 4k turbo 5k motor, 6k everything else.. not to mention i bought the car for 12k

dont take it personal.. im just ranting

Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 AM

watch this video.. and tell me if you change your mind or not =D

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?Fla...xId=3744594486

Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 AM

IM a lil' under tha influence currently so I just wanna say......f*c* you!...thank you....gnite!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: WPSpyderGT01

here let me explain.. its KNOWN FACT that our GT pistons.. are a piece of crap... even pepboys pistons will work better for crying out loud... and dont get me started on the GTS pistons.. POS

you spend all that money on A lightened flywheel, performance clutch, cat back exhaust, CAI w/Performance intake manifold+TB, Headers, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, Spark plugs+Spark Cables

you'll only get what max 275whp? with all that done.. i mean not bad.. but hey im running that on 7psi and 300whp at 8psi.. upgrade my pistons and your all motor wont be able to catch up.

build that motor.. slap on a turbo.. and insted of hondakiller you can be named vettekiller now which one sounds more beefy and bad.. oh man i beat a honda today... oh its so nice..

or dude i beat a vette =D

our cars are heavy... very heavy... and its basicly a tank ranging around 3000pounds well mine is 3227 pounds and with all motor you wont see or taste the 13s because the power in the motor wont get to it fast enough before the 1/4 is up.. get a built motor like i said slap on a turbo and some drag tires... tune it up good.. and your looking at what.. ive seen our 3g's hit mid 11's
dude your being generous... N\A he will never get 275WHP it just will not happen, the 3Gs are pigs you and I both know that. and they only show improvment on SDS or Turbo

Old 03-25-2007, 02:07 PM

I fully understand that our pistons are crap and blah blah blah, but I'm saying going NA is still possible to get some good power out of our motors. I'm not saying great power, but at least you can kill hondas, and for me that makes me happier than killing vettes because vettes are good cars and people can go ahead and praise vettes ,they're actually sporty cars, but hondas p!$$ me off because I live in ohio, about 30 minutes from a Honda plant, and all the little kids aroud here have a Honda and think they're something special and they praise their peices of s#!t. As well as it's safer for the beginner tuners to go NA until they get some experience under their belt, they shouldn't be slappin a turbo in their car cause that's a quick way to blow a motor, especially in our 3G's.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:15 PM

I fully understand that our pistons are crap and blah blah blah, but I'm saying going NA is still possible to get some good power out of our motors. I'm not saying great power, but at least you can kill hondas, and for me that makes me happier than killing vettes because vettes are good cars and people can go ahead and praise vettes ,they're actually sporty cars, but hondas p!$$ me off because I live in ohio, about 30 minutes from a Honda plant, and all the little kids aroud here have a Honda and think they're something special and they praise their peices of s#!t. As well as it's safer for the beginner tuners to go NA until they get some experience under their belt, they shouldn't be slappin a turbo in their car cause that's a quick way to blow a motor, especially in our 3G's.
While I totally agree with you on this. Your only going to get around 220WHP N\A which will still get eaten up by quite a few NA hondas and acuras. Eitehr way it will beat most hondas easily though. And what is more impressive beating a civic or beating a vette. I know id much rather be involed in racing a vette over a honda and much rather watch a race of a 3G beating a vette over a honda

Quick Reply: 2000 Mitisubishi Eclipse GT Want It All Motor