3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Car shakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Car shakes

First off if YOU love the car what does resale value mean to you anyways? Unless you plan on selling it? Second I'm not sure exactly what the currency translates to these days but it does sound like you spent a bit more than necessary to rebuild it. The shaking is likely the rotors BUT also check your tire pressures as it WILL have an effect (believe it or not) on the shaking. Quite frankly, if you've rebuilt the car, salvage title or not, it's yours and I'd be proud of it and drive it till it was dead (Longest I've owned a car... 5 years... most of that sitting in a yard here or there).

Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

What the hell? I wasnt calling him an idiot for doing what he did... he did what he wanted to do fair enough. I just thought he deserved to know.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 PM

ye i guess your right, its good to know i got a dump car and made it into a beauty. should i leave the tire pressure on standard 32psi. or should i lower it. the max is 35 psi on a 215 50 17 tire 91v

Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I dont know dude..

All i know is that you have wasted an incredible amount of money. The car has basically ZERO resale value
What would YOU think if someone made a comment like that to you? Now enough of this Sebba.

As for tire pressure, look on the inside of the driver's door. There will be a listing of required tire pressures. THAT is what it needs to be! I had my tires changed and they put all of mine at around 40 PSI. My car requires 27 PSI! I shook like mad when accelerating as well as when stopping. Corrected tire pressure and it went away.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:24 PM

serious lol, ill do that right away.. thanks mate. i just need to ask u one more question i was asking sebba about it. in the ownership my car says gts and when i put in the vin number on www.carfax.com it also said gts but my car says gt. how can i verify if my car is a gt or gts? mainly by looking at it

Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Look in the FAQ section I think there is a writeup of the designations of the different letters (RS, GS, GS-T, GSX, and whatnot). I didn't know they made a GT or GTS so I'm not sure myself. I'm going to look in the FAQ minisection myself to find out as well. K I did (Thus the edit of the post). Here's the link. https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_106049/tm.htmNow just for future reference try searching the site before asking things as most common problems have been asked quite a few times. You may think your problem is unique but there's always someone out there that has had it. If you can't find an answer by searching the site (VIA search link located up there ^ ) then post and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:32 PM

alright ill give it a look, if you find out let me know plz

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Edited my post

Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM

thanks you, ill do that from now on. sorry new forums

btw the site you provided me is for 1st and 2nd gen eclipse not the 3rd gen

Old 01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

S'all right that's why I'm not an @$$hole the first time someone does it. They continue to do it thought and I'll flame the SHYT outta 'em

Quick Reply: Car shakes