Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/)
-   -   cd player, door locks, and clock problem (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/cd-player-door-locks-clock-problem-24889/)

stephengrossman 01-22-2008 06:42 PM

cd player, door locks, and clock problem

Well I was jump starting my car the other day and It got jumped fine. but after I jumped it i started up my aftermarket cd player and it went for like 1 second and turned off. the clock does not work either since whatever happened happened, and same with the clock. So the clock, cd player, and auto door locks dont work... does anyone know the problem? I checked ALL the fuses and they are all good. and when the keys are in the ignition and the door is open it doesnt make anoise anymore.. anything will help. thanks.

dsm1990gsx 01-22-2008 07:24 PM

RE: cd player, door locks, and clock problem

Did you check the fuse on the aftermarket radio itself? Also double check the fuses aor the door locks.

stephengrossman 01-22-2008 08:20 PM

ya i did check it on the back of the cd player, and all the fuses for the actual car. all of them looked good. another member on the forum said maybe replace it anyways cause it might look good but it might not be good?

estraw 01-22-2008 08:41 PM

your battery might be going dead. same kinda thing happened to my car before, except my headlights went out instead of my radio and whatnot, go to autozone or advanced auto and get your battery checked, they should do it for free

Dusty Eclipse 01-22-2008 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: stephengrossman

ya i did check it on the back of the cd player, and all the fuses for the actual car. all of them looked good. another member on the forum said maybe replace it anyways cause it might look good but it might not be good?
It was another thread... same forum,lol. ..and it was me...
Ive seen fuses look good before and still not work.

stephengrossman 01-22-2008 10:01 PM

lol thats why i said "another member on the forum" i didnt say another forum. but no worries.

Dusty Eclipse 01-22-2008 10:36 PM

lol, oops, my bad...
In my own little world as usual.

stephengrossman 01-22-2008 10:59 PM

hahaha no worries

RMUDBUGS 01-23-2008 10:50 AM

Check the fuseable link that is on the positive battery terminal. It often blow when you jump these cars off. If that's OK then it could be the ETACS Unit as so known as the Time & Alarm Control Unit.

stephengrossman 01-23-2008 04:27 PM

what are those 2 things? lol im a noob. but also if it helps, the door light on my consol doesnt light up anymore. my sunroof isnt working anymore. These im pretty sure are all related, because NONE of them are getting power. , and it all happened the same time.