3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Water on passenger side floor when it rains

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Default Water on passenger side floor when it rains

I have a 2001 GT Spyder and whenever it rains especially really hard, water seems to get inside my car and just gets the passenger side floor iin the front and back soaked and not the seats. I just had the pleasure of trying to air out my car from this past downpour of rain in NC and my car not only had my floor soaked but I'm pretty sure my amplifier has now shorted out after making crackling and loud really crazy high pitched noises even while the radio and the car was turned off. I have an Infinity system and I was just quoted about 900.00 for the amp and the install at the dealer and ofcourse my warranty doesn't cover it since it's from rain damage. Can someone help me out about this and to maybe help me find a way to get this leak issue resolved? I can't keep replacing amps and detailing my car everytime it rains..I'll go broke! aaaahhh..help! :P

Old 11-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Default RE: Water on passenger side floor when it rains

do you see where it could be coming from. under the dash?and just seeping its way from front to back. see if you can look up under the dash and see if you can spot a little bit of rust. just a thought, there ar some cars at school with rust under the dash from water.

edit. didn't know you had a spyder. could also be leaking from the top where the winshield and top soft top meet, only leaking in one spot and dripping on the flor below.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'd recommend getting a covered spot to park it and also get the seals checked. Also something I noticed on the newer spyders is that the rear windows need rolled up first THEN the front windows. For some reason the seals don't work quite right if the fronts are rolled up first...

Old 11-27-2006, 07:04 PM

I did notice the trickles of water drops on the passenger speaker venting thing( if you get what I mean haha ) My guess is the possibility of the water coming in from the glass not being sealed off enough. I haven't really taken a good look at the dash area but I will definitely do that. I really appreciate your help and again, sorry about the redundant posting.