3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

CRAZY ****

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Default CRAZY ****

Hopefully someone out there has a clue on what is wrong cause this bugs me bad. Let me start from the beggining. My wife had an accident in our 03 eclipse GS. Had to have the front left fender and driver door replaced. But since the shop replaced these items I have been noticing little things that really make me mad. I have tried to get the shop to look at it cause none of this stuff happened until they started working on it. The shop says that they will not look at it as this is probably some new thing not associated with the accident. Funny thing is everything worked great even after the accident until it went into the shop. First things first. My stock alarm system is not working at all. It will not arm with the keyless or with the key in the door. The doors will lock when you use the key but will not activate the alarm. keyless entry will not lock or unlock the doors. Second thing is my cruise control light. This is what bothers me the most. After driving for any given time, with or without using the cruise control, which cruise still works like it is suppose to. Before turning off the car I will disarm the cruise control. Meaning the dummy light on dash is out. Turn the car off and once started again the dummy light will be on. Now most of us know that you need to push the button to arm the cruise control and the dummy light will come on. To make matters worse if you leave the dummy light on before you shut the car off the next time you start it the dummy light will be out. To me these items sound like a short some where and since the main wiring harness is right behind the front left fender I am wondering if the shop did something to either the computer or the harness. Like I said all these systems worked great after the accident they just started ****ing up after the shop did the repair. What can I look at so I dont have to take the car back to the shop and have them mess something else up.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: CRAZY ****

Your accident could have cut or spliced a wire on the bundle, and when they replaced the busted fender with a new one, it could have started grounding out one of your wires now. You can check for burn marks under the fender. The door wiring is messed up somewhere. Try hitting the inside locks, both driver side and passenger side, and we'll take it from there after we find out if either side works.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 PM

Ok everything worked right after the accident. I even drove the car to the body shop 35 miles away with no problems. Even used the wireless remote to lock the car up when I got there.But to answer your question the doorsSTILL lock when youuse the switch inside the car on either door or if you use the key in the drivers door. But like I sad when you lock the door with the switch or the key nolights or beep from the alarm but still locks the doors or unlocks it. And keyless entry does not work at all which I think is tied into the alarm system. Butjust to tell you the damage to the car was not that bad. Small dent in the fender and door but the door hinges where pretty much ripped off. Still puzzles me.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM

But like I sad when you lock the door with the switch or the key nolights or beep from the alarm but still locks the doors or unlocks it.

Isn't that because the keyless entry's lights/beeping can be toggled on or off? Maybe yours just got toggled off inadvertently. I think there's a simple procedure you can go through (press buttons in the right order)to make your horn beep once again when you lock the car (don't know it off-hand).

Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 PM

With the OEM alarm system you can only deactivate the beep not the lights. And with the OEM system you cant even do that unless you have the silencer system added to it which I do not. But even with or without this system you would still have lights flash when you either use the lock inside the door or use the keyless entry. And like I said before the KEYLESS entry DOES NOT work any more and the door switch and key lock do work to unlock and lock both doors.