3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

deadeclipse website?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Jsn
Default deadeclipse website?

I was looking around to day for some aftermarket parts for my 2005 Spyder convertable and I came across www.deadeclipse.com. I just bought the car yesterday. After reading all of the horror stories on that website I'm now second guessing the reliability of the car, especially for long trips. Has anyone had major problems like the ones that people on that site are complaining about? Also, every 3G model that they complained about was like 2003 and earlier. Does anyone know if they have fixed those issues in the 2005 models? Thanks for any info that you can give me.

-Jason

Old 03-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Default RE: deadeclipse website?

dsm= do some matinance.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

dsm= do some matinance.

hahahahahahahahhaha

Old 03-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Dude you'll find sites like that for nearly any car. I've known about that site for years and it just pisses me off that a few people having bad experiences are going to ruin a perfectly good car. Especially when some of the things are false. First off right from the getgo the guy PROVES he's an idiot.

The section on why he'd never buy another eclipse. Dealerships giving the runaround... What like they wouldn't do the same if he bought a Honda or Nissan??? HA. Then the carp about the door's sticking out and the run in the pain and DUCT TAPE?!?!?! What did the guy just look out into the lot, point, say "I want that one!" and sign the paperwork?? I mean seriously if it were that bad it likely would have gone back to the factory as defective but this retard obviously didn't even bother test driving it before rolling out.

I don't think I could put any faith in the SHYt this retard says. He obviously doesn't pay attention to what he's doing and thus gets what he deserved. Now he's gonna **** moan and whine because he was stupid.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:22 AM

I agree with Sanguinius. I haven't had any problems with my 3G other than a loose O2 sensor wire. The last place I would put my faith in is a dealership anyway, and all car companies have their flaws.

I've read some of the complaints on that website and most of those people sound like they are actually making up stories. Maybe they are disgruntled US soldiers who want to put a Japanese company out of comission for bombing pearl harbor due to the fact that the engines used in many of the planes were made by Mitsubishi. <-Sarcasm

Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: slow420a

dsm= do some matinance.
that would be correct except his car isnt a dsm...

but that is funny nevertheless

Old 03-29-2006, 11:01 AM

my advice, don't listen to those cry babies on that site. on that site, the members are 16 year old kids who raced their car up and down the road everyday, changing the oil every 25k miles, never maintaining the car. when the car broke from being punished, they try to blame it on mitsu. as long as you drive your car like you have some common sense, you will not have 95% of those problems.

there are a couple of issues that a number of people experience.

1. the infamous "second gear grind". if you a V6 manual tranny, then you will probably find out about this very soon. it seems that the synchronizers in the tranny are already gone when it comes from the factory. using a better gear oil like BG SynchroShift will help out. if you don't have a manual, then you won't have to worry about this.

2. on the coupes, the passenger side door is hard to close sometimes. the problem is the track for the window. the window can become loose from the track, which will cause it to wedge against the top of the door when you try to close it. not a real problem. i just roll my window down about an inch, then close the door, then roll it back up. there is a fix that you can do yourself. but since you have the spyder, you won't have to worry about this either.

those are the two main complaints i have heard from the 3G eclipse. of course, every car will have a problem or two. but as long as you take care of it, you won't have the problems like that people on that site.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:13 AM

I just read some of the stuff on the site and wow that kid beat the hell out of that car. One thing tha gets me if your braking hard enough to warp the rotors why not either resurface them or get some aftermarket ones that will not warp?

Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

yea most of those people that have problems are because they give themselves problems then complain and say its mitsubishis fault

Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 AM

The site is alittle far fectched however all 3Gs do suffer from some of the troubles they mention on there but nothing major so Dont worry only things like brakes sunroof dash board craking ect ect

Quick Reply: deadeclipse website?