3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

exhaust q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Default exhaust q's

i own/drive/race a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse v6 gt and i need to know what kind of exhaust to get to make it faster...or realy ne thing i can do to make it fast(other than nos)

i also would like to know is there any way to make my car sound more deep(like a rumbling sound(...instead of a um...normal engine sound))

Old 09-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Default RE: exhaust q's

didn't need the pic, we know what kind of car it is by the description lol any real catback exhaust will increase the performance of the car but don't expect 50hp out of it, normal gains on an exhaust range from 4-12 hp. depending on what exhaust you go with will change the sound of your car to the deep rumble you are looking for, if you want to keep it somewhat low-pro on the sound but also want the deep sound you are looking for Apexi and Greddy's Evo exhaust kits are the way to go, i'm not sure about the 3rd gens but Thermasl Research and Development's exhaust for the 2g's is pretty loud (its what's i've got). As for the other question on how do you really make your car fast, there are 3 ways to get it quick, 1 - stroke it, higher compression pistons will incrase the horepower of your car. 2 - NITROUS... not NOS, NOS is a company, but you can't go to big of a shot or you risk damaging your engine. and 3 is forced induction, not even sure if they make a supercharger kit for your car but turbo chargers are the most popular thing out right now. so go spend some money and have some fun.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

invidia also makes a nice sounding exaust for your car. An intake will also be a small mod that will give you a bit extra. But you really cant make it all that fast without turbocharging it and that will cost you somewhere around 5k to do

Old 09-03-2006, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: nicole_hosey

i own/drive/race a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse v6 gt and i need to know what kind of exhaust to get to make it faster...or realy ne thing i can do to make it fast(other than nos)

i also would like to know is there any way to make my car sound more deep(like a rumbling sound(...instead of a um...normal engine sound))
Invidia is the best to go with, I had it on my 2002 GT Spyder qnd it sounds great and uses 2.75 in pipeing so it is perfect if you plan to turbo or SDS the car but without turbo or SDSyou wont gain hardly any noticeable differnece from exhaust without getting headers