3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

How much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Default How much?

How much boost can the 3rd gen eclipse GT withstand on stock internals? Also approximate horsepower it would be running at maximum(but still reliable)limit?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Default RE: How much?

|----------------------------|

That much

Old 02-24-2008, 05:15 PM

No more than 8PSI on the stock GT bottom. no more than 6 on the stock GTS bottom. and 8 PSI will make around 300WHP

Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

No more than 8PSI on the stock GT bottom. no more than 6 on the stock GTS bottom. and 8 PSI will make around 300WHP
only 300whp if your a 5spd for autos you get around 270's

but what mike said is 100% true

Old 03-01-2008, 02:14 AM

I have a GTS and i was planning to boost it this summer, what whould i have to do in order to run around 10 psi?

also if it did work i was going to run 3psi untill i built the engine more, because i am a poor.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

Anything past6 and you need a built mottom end. That includes lower compression ratio pistons, forged rods etc... With all that you could run well over 10... more than double that even. However, thats only what you would needin terms of the motor. Thats not including things like injectors, fuel pump, tuning device, gauges, exhaust, intake ... all that factors into it.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Anything past6 and you need a built mottom end. That includes lower compression ratio pistons, forged rods etc... With all that you could run well over 10... more than double that even. However, thats only what you would needin terms of the motor. Thats not including things like injectors, fuel pump, tuning device, gauges, exhaust, intake ... all that factors into it.
sebba again not knowing to much about these cars, I understand you are speaking in general so that is why I am going to agree with you for the most part with the exception that the 6g72 has very strong rods. they are good to around and over 500HP stock. Its the pistons that SUCK. So really just pistons internally will do if you really want to, BUT while your in there you might as well slap in more beef

Old 03-01-2008, 06:42 PM

i dont have the cash to to multiple upgrades in one setting. but in a nut shell new pistons and i should be fine?

also my friend also suggested changing the head gasket and keep the pistons and just run 5 psi untill i get the actual money for it.

suggestions, or is my friend just dumb as rocks.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:13 PM

well you still need injectors, fuel pump, gauges, emanage ect ect. you need atleast $3k for turbo these cars and that is a bare minimum only to run 6psi. Also you can supercharge with RippModds and there kits are pretty well put together and the stage III kit comes with pistons but costs like $6k but will make over 420WHP.

The stage I runs 6PSI. That kit is rather cheap but dont remember the price.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

Yeah, I didn't know that Mike.

Well, why would you change a perfectly good headgaskets? Honestly changing it isnt going to do you the slightest bit of good. Just cost you more money. Not dumb, just not knowledgable.

Well, if the pistons are safe at 6, running 5 isnt going to make the slightest bit of difference. Yes youcan run 6psi untill you have the cash to put in a nice set of pistons. Then when you tear the motor down, you will need to change the headgaskets, because you have to remove the heads (you shouldnt clamp them twice). Then you can crank it up.

This is just a suggestion, that I tell pretty much everyone. Lets say you get this turbo setup, then you have to worry about tuning, and not to mention your clutch is going to take a beating (unless you are auto). Then once you get all that, you have to worry about traction. Any decent power in a front wheel drive car is going to be a pain. Ask EMonz, he had a turbo 3g.

So, what I'm getting at... are you really attached to this car? Have you ever considered buying an already turbo car? They are much easier to mod. Not to mention, one with all wheel drive would hold the power.

Quick Reply: How much?