3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Locks, Stereo, Dome Lights...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Default Locks, Stereo, Dome Lights...HELP!!

Alright here we go, Bought this 2002 Eclipse Spyder GT, 3.0 V6, Auto, and a Haynes repair manuel which mainly focuses on 1995-1999 models in the electrical area.
when I bought the car the center display was not working, however the stock cd/radio did work but no way to see which channel or song #...but thats not the real problem...Recently the radio quit making sound even if you plugged in a cd still no sound, at the same time the courtisey lamps quit working along with the remote locks...if you use the power lock button as you are traveling the locks bounce back to the unlock position, I did have to replace a couple of fuses that where blown but have not yet opened the dash to inspect any wireing, I figured that I would ask you'uns what I should look for when I open this console area and hopefully someone can let me know where and what the SWS (Simplified Wireing System) module for these might be located or even look like.
Thanks, Radycles

Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Default RE: Locks, Stereo, Dome Lights...HELP!!

the circuit that runs the lighter also runs the center display. most times something is shorting out the lighter socket

like a penny or a bad phone charger. I would start there

Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 AM

lighter is good to go, but checking the interior cockpit lights I found one burnt bulb but...the trunk bulb is good with no power at the fixture??? I've removed the stereo and center display checking for wireing that may have been tampered with (it is a used car) but all is still in stock form in that area.
But under the dash in the drivers side there are some 3M style splice looking things that look like nothing that I have ever used for stereo installs, their made of a hard plastic and look like they clamp onto the wire with a female slot (kinda like a duck head). ???
I've checked the relays that are in the cockpit area fuse box by swapping them around==turn on the ignition and see which one clicks then turn it off and swap it with another one like it and repeat== .
Before I removed the radio and center display when I turned the IGN SW to the on position the CD eject motor would buzz...is it suppose to??
Thanks, any suggestions would be great.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 PM

For all you G3 and G4 Owners I found this site to be very useful for a G3 service manuel, after reading some of the electrical schematics I was able to determine that my old-skool way of diagnosis wasn't gonna cut it without a SWS monitor and OBDII or III code reader so I'm off to the Zone to see what they have in stock....Later...Thanks

Old 09-13-2008, 02:35 PM

heres the link

http://tearstone.com/shop/Documentation/Documentation/

Old 09-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Default Dome light fuse keeps blowing and radio don't work

Originally Posted by mitsupartsman.com
the circuit that runs the lighter also runs the center display. most times something is shorting out the lighter socket

like a penny or a bad phone charger. I would start there
and radio