3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Default LOUD!

I have a 2002 , when im driving on the freeway my car inside gets really loud. after about 60 miles an hour it sounds loud. It sounds like it is comming from behind, its not my doors nor my sunroof. it could be my trunk or the siding of my trunk or from underneath. what could it be? the noise sounds like noise from my tires, yes there is noise from my exhaust but thats not it. it sounds like my tires on the road, or my tires on the wet pavement. do you think i need new weatherstrip? my car has about 60,000 miles on it and i think its the original weather strip in back and it looks like it could be replaced. but is that the problem tho? my car has gotten in a wreck before. thanks for all the help.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned
Default RE: LOUD!

That might be the case. You might want to try and get better tires. The lower the profile tire.. the more the road noise. Another cool thing i found out was that filling the tires with nitrogen made a difference.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 PM

what kind of noise is it? is it a moaning? or what

Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

That might be the case. You might want to try and get better tires. The lower the profile tire.. the more the road noise. Another cool thing i found out was that filling the tires with nitrogen made a difference.
Even tho I would love to have a quiet ride from nitrogen filled tires, I would rather not take the chance of running over a cigg. butt and blowing my tires off. haha jk i know it wouldnt do that.

But anyways I guess you could call it a moaning noise, it kinda sounds like the trunk it totally open but not that load. like the air going by, and the tires comming in contact with the ground. thats what it sounds like.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

Eh... a lot of cars have something like that...

Dude... just exactly how do you combust nitrogen? : S That is one lame thing from that f ucking movie F&F. Nitrous oxide is NOT FLAMABLE. Its an oxidizer, there for when mixed with a hydrocarbon it bonds with the hydrogen increacing the number of chains containing oxygen. Everyone knows that more oxygen = more burn. But you dont just burn oxygen.. you cant just make a spark and have air set on fire.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 PM

Nitrogen is very volatile. It is what they use to do frac jobs for the oil company, has an extremely high expansion rate. Just thought id through in my 2 cents.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Banned

Yes... but my point is, it wont freakin explode

Old 09-06-2007, 12:01 AM

You guys need to read my reply again geez. I said right after "Just kidding, i know it wouldnt do that" holy crap. Anyways can we please get back to my problem?

Old 09-06-2007, 12:06 AM

Its most likely your tires. I had a problem like that on my 3G... turned out it was the tires, try filling them to spec, and if not then maybe replacing em.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:08 AM

sounds like somebody took your sound deadening out.. pull up your carpet in your trunk and see if its all just bare metal or if there is some sound deadening on it (its like a really dense rubbery feeling layer.. it will be painted the same color as the surrounding metal

Quick Reply: LOUD!