3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

no power windows or top? help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Default RE: no power windows or top? help!!

no, that motor doesnt make any noise or effort to move the top at all. everything seemed to move freely when i put it to manual. smae thing with the windows. they dont make any effort at all, no power to it, or locked out or something, maybe that little switch is bad or something, or stuck internally somehow so it wont let the other windows work, but now not even the drivers one works... i just phoned the local dodge dealer and they dont have any listings or anything for them things, (uncle works in parts there)

Old 04-07-2006, 05:37 PM

you look in both fuse panels and check all the fuses? I mean you got a wierd one going on lol

Old 04-07-2006, 05:43 PM

i did.. those fuses, the 30a and 50a ones etc.. if they go, they will be visible from the top right? none of them look bad, all the terminals are good, none are burnt, nothing smells burnt terminals on the relays look good too, but i dont know how to check if there bad, and when i switched the one for the brights to the windows i think thats when i couldn't get the drivers window to work anymore, i'll go check stuff out again, try to jump that relay to make sure the drivers one still works or something, i dont think there would be any other fuses/relays involved besides ones for the top and windows right? what would you do?

Old 04-07-2006, 06:26 PM

checked everything again, every fuse in the panel under the hood and on the end of the dash, all are good, i switched the 30a window fuse with the other 30a one, for the top (but it didnt start without a fuse inplace here) , same deal, switched relays, they all have the same markings on them so i switched them around, nothing, can't get the switch panel off on the door panel, the passenger side one comes off easy, but i think im gunna break the driverside one. wouldnt know why any of the connectors would be off or anything tho, but figured i'd check.

ugh, just phoned the mitsu dealer 2hrs away and they want me to drive down there with the windows down the whole way to look at it, ****, its cold here!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Wait you checked the fuses by looking at them in thier sockets? You won't be able to tell if they're good without looking at them from the flat side. Then you'll KNOW when one is toast.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:58 PM

no i pulled them all out, more then once they got that see through top, i'd think they'd go there, or be designed too, but from all i can see they are good, the big ones anyway, all those little onces, that have that little white tweezer puller thing, the are all good also, pulled them all out, but those arent' for anything here really, excpet for a 20a one on the side of the dash, if i pull the relay out for the windows and i use a peice of wire to jump the 2 (out of 4) terminals on the passenger side the drivers window works, as well as the top. but still nothing else. i put any relay in there (from others around teh fuse box) and it wont work it seems, ami burning the relays out as soon as i put em in there?