Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/)
-   -   Shudder when I come to a stop in my 06 Eclipse GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/shudder-when-i-come-stop-my-06-eclipse-gt-7511/)

cllamont 01-05-2006 10:12 AM

Shudder when I come to a stop in my 06 Eclipse GT

I have about 4,000 miles but I noticed this at around 3,000 - could have started sooner. When I come to a stop at a light in drive with my foot on the brake, I feel a shudder for about 5 seconds. It seems more pronounced when the car is cold after sitting overnight. I dont seem to notice it after driving for about 20 - 30 minutes (then I usually have my Fosgate bumping so there is vibration from the subwoofer that could be keeping me from feeling it). Is it the auto transmission downshifting? I am concerned as this is a brand new car. Any other 06 Eclipse owners out there that know this quirk? Suggestions? Theories? Educated guesses?

tidus10 01-05-2006 10:18 AM

RE: Shudder when I come to a stop in my 06 Eclipse GT

i believe the idle is just going a little too low thats the shutter your feeling its nothign too big and yeah it will stop every car isnt at peak performance as son as it starts

EMonz57 01-05-2006 08:38 PM

if your talking about only having the car on for a few minutes then it will drive rough in the cold untill the temp needle gets all the way up to normal temp.... When Eclipses are cold they shift hard and idle weird if you drive without warm up (at least both of mine did) and I am talking nice and cold weather like 50 or below

eclipsed4u 01-05-2006 09:09 PM

try this....one morning, let the car warm up(idle) for 15 minutes before driving. then see if you still have the problems.

EMonz57 01-05-2006 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

try this....one morning, let the car warm up(idle) for 15 minutes before driving. then see if you still have the problems.
I had to do that with both my 3Gs cuz they pissed me off when they were cold, they just never drive right

eclipsed4u 01-05-2006 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I had to do that with both my 3Gs cuz they pissed me off when they were cold, they just never drive right
yeah, i usually let my car warm up for about 5 mins before i drive. the transmission sucks major ass when its cold in the mornings. i grind going into second every morning.

EMonz57 01-05-2006 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

yeah, i usually let my car warm up for about 5 mins before i drive. the transmission sucks major ass when its cold in the mornings. i grind going into second every morning.
i did too, and I let my car idle for atleast 5 but try for 15 or so

cllamont 01-10-2006 11:32 PM

I have automatic trans though