Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/)
-   -   Speaker question 01 Spyder (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/3rd-generation-64/speaker-question-01-spyder-23612/)

slackmaster 11-20-2007 06:46 PM

Speaker question 01 Spyder

Anyone know what the factory sizes on the rear speakers are?
Also, how the hell do the rear plates come off in the back seat area to access those speakers?

Any idea on the size on the center console speaker?

Sorry for all the questions but time for an audio overhaul

WPSpyderGT01 11-27-2007 08:43 PM

RE: Speaker question 01 Spyder

honestly you dont need the last the center speaker.. its trash... i took mine out.

drop the down of the car... and the top piece that holds that back speaker cover you should be able to see it. and the middle you should be able to reach it.. any problems let me know wpboosted3g <--- AIM

ba3kgt 11-28-2007 09:30 PM

center console is three inch dont even try to put a three and a half in fun but also not

Dusty Eclipse 11-29-2007 01:35 AM

Center channel, like WP said, is not worth replacing.
The rears are 6x9s, the fronts are 6.5s... the highs in the front shark fins are 1.75.

EMonz57 11-29-2007 08:11 AM

I tok out the center speaker in all 3 of my 3gs lol they SUCK BIG ONES

WPSpyderGT01 11-29-2007 09:15 AM

they blow really quick and they are kinda pricey to replace.. everytime.. and you really dont hear anything.. at all IMO

Dusty Eclipse 11-29-2007 09:16 PM

Its bad speaker placement to begin with, its not angles properly (at all, for that matter.)

slackmaster 11-30-2007 06:51 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. I had actually unhooked the center speaker a few years ago and when I had it in the shop to have the heater core replaced, those jack holes thought they were doing me a favor by plugging it back in. Figured since I had to take the dash off to unhook it again, I might think about replacing it. Glad (or maybe not glad) to hear that those center speakers are worthless, so I will not replace.
6x 9s will definitly get replaced.

Have you guys found any decent rear speakers to get any decent bass response out of them? The factor stereo was replaced a few years back with an Alpine head until and I had the local store also replace the factory speakers with higher rated Infinitys. Thought that would solve the lack of bass, but to no avail. What have you guys found that will give the car a little more dynamic on the low end?

Dusty Eclipse 11-30-2007 07:03 PM

Im using MB Quarts that Im pretty pleased with.

Maddler 12-10-2007 02:02 PM

Hmm, when I got my Eclipse '01 last year my wife blew the center speaker her first time in the car. 3" explains why. I kind of liked having the speaker there, it's not high fidelity or anything, but to me it sounded better when I left the speaker uncovered vs. covering it with my hand; there was something about the reflected sound that seemed to open up the space.

My center speaker is still getting a signal so it's always rattling. What's the simplest way of disconnecting it, how long does it take, and do I need any special tools?