3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Synthetic oil for my brand new GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005 | 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Synthetic oil for my brand new GT

ORIGINAL: cllamont

The reason I swear by synthetic is the 196,000 miles that I have on my 1995 Dodge Avenger ES (the same as the Eclipse and built by Mitsubishi). The transmission is gone but the engine is still good. Never had any major repairs to it. I am sure it is from my faithful use of synthetic oil.
I don't think the Avenger is the same as the Eclipse. The Avenger may have the same engine but the body style is COMPLETELY different.

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:58 PM

I would never compare a dodge avenger to my eclipse. It would be kinda insulting.

Old 12-06-2005 | 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

The reason I swear by synthetic is the 196,000 miles that I have on my 1995 Dodge Avenger ES (the same as the Eclipse and built by Mitsubishi). The transmission is gone but the engine is still good. Never had any major repairs to it. I am sure it is from my faithful use of synthetic oil.
I don't think the Avenger is the same as the Eclipse. The Avenger may have the same engine but the body style is COMPLETELY different.
I was talking about the engine. What does motor oil have to do with the body style?

Old 12-06-2005 | 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Lil red

I would never compare a dodge avenger to my eclipse. It would be kinda insulting.
If you didnt compare them you would simply be avoiding the facts that the Avenger engine is built by Mitsubishi and is the same one that was being put in the Eclipse in 1995.

Old 12-07-2005 | 01:00 AM

If you didnt compare them you would simply be avoiding the facts that the Avenger engine is built by Mitsubishi and is the same one that was being put in the Eclipse in 1995.
why are you posting in threads that are months old???????

Old 12-07-2005 | 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

why are you posting in threads that are months old???????

Because I dont see a rule that says I cant. Why not?

Old 12-07-2005 | 02:08 PM

just as a simple point guys when a car comes from factory it already should have been broken in and rings seated.

Old 12-07-2005 | 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

just as a simple point guys when a car comes from factory it already should have been broken in and rings seated.

I have heard that but I recall the dealer tell me to drive it easy and vary my speeds on long trips for the first 300 miles to ensure everything seated properly. He even had me sign a document saying that he informed me of this so I guess it is that serious to the dealership if not Mitsubishi in general

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

i always wondered about that. the dealer says it has 0 miles but yet how can the engine be broken in if the engine doesn't have any miles on it.

Old 12-07-2005 | 04:32 PM

aww but that dose not nessasarly have to be the motor it is the car in genral sure i could have a car with 150k on it and have a new motor but cannot tough the miles that are on the car.

Quick Reply: Synthetic oil for my brand new GT