Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Default WTB... SAFC or Greddy E-Manage

I have a 01 GT w/
CMF headers, high flow cat
Invidia Cat back
and, AEM CA intake

My SES light is on cuz im missing 2 cats,
I read on a bunch of different posts/forums that a SAFC would give me a 10 hp gain
at the same time, other peole are saying that a SAFC doesnt work well with a 3gen... ( im lost)
I just read about a Greddy E-Manage, and have no idea what that is and how to use it...

If anyone can help me out and clear this up for me, and if someone is selling what i need,
I am interested...
thanx
serge

Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: WTB... SAFC or Greddy E-Manage

With those mods, e-manage would be the biggest waste of money know to tuners, and I'd wait on a fuel controller until you are boosted.

As for the SES light...
http://forums.evowned.com/showthread.php?t=3116

Old 03-07-2008, 12:24 AM

so you think a SAFC or SAFC II is the right thing for me to buy?
how does it work exactly? (what does it do? why does it add hp?)

Old 03-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Rob
Banned

You really don't need a s-afc at this point. A s-afc is a fuel controller that is used to trick the ecu into adding more fuel through the injectors. You don't need more fuel, because you don't have that forced air to compensate. Where you're at right now, you'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 horse if it even works. The s-afc was made to be a cheap alternative to engine management for the basic tuner to controll fuel and maps on their forced induction vehicle.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:19 AM

um.. i'm not sure about all that Rob. i've seen up to 15whp (mustang dyno even) gains using a SAFC-II combined w/ a Wideband.

rus - an SAFC-II is basically nothing but a fuel and air controller that is used to tune the car to a certain A/F rate for max performance. if you don't know what it is or how to install it i'd definatly have a pro or somebody who knows what they are doing install it for you.

the greddy e-manage (and ultimate) are what you call a piggy-back engine management system (EMS). this is actually takes place of the factory ECU and will allow you several more options (and finer tuning than the SAFC-II) such as timing (very importang when boosted or running high octane fuel), boost setting, etc etc. if you plan on boostingin the future i'd personally go w/ the e-manage just to get it out of the way.

oh and btw, you will have to have somebody tune the car after installing either of these to see any power difference.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 PM

im pretty sure, you might want to ask emonz, but the safc-II dose not work with the v6s on the 3gs. that is why you hear so much about emanage.

dont buy it just yet untill you are sure it will work...ask emonz he would know

Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM

well i just did a quick search for it (i'm a 1g and 2g guy mostly) and didn't see an application for the 3g for the e-manage anywhere (*quick* search). Emonz has a friend w/ a fully built v6 turbo'd that is on here but ihavne't seen him active for some time. you can ask why kind of EMS he is running. good luck man. nice build so far btw!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

well i just did a quick search for it (i'm a 1g and 2g guy mostly) and didn't see an application for the 3g for the e-manage anywhere (*quick* search). Emonz has a friend w/ a fully built v6 turbo'd that is on here but ihavne't seen him active for some time. you can ask why kind of EMS he is running. good luck man. nice build so far btw!
he is running emanage. The SAFC doesnt help these cars except for up top. you can get a few ponies out with headers tuned by a SAFC. I belive there is also softwhare out there now that enables tuners to 'flash' the Ecu the same way they do with Evos. If im not mistaken the Ecu flash has been around a few years now

Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 PM

well there you have it. emanage works. you can pick regular emanage up for under 400 bucks these days brand new.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 PM

ok... so to sum up...
RCJr9186 said "an SAFC II can add up too 15 whp
PoolhallJunkie777 said "the safc-II dose not work with the v6s on the 3gs.
RCJr9186 said "if i plan on boostingin the future i'd go w/ the e-manage."
Im not planning on boosting...
still kinda lost... so you guys said that the emanage will work... but if im not boosting... is it worth buying?
if the safc I or II actually givs me 15 whp, why do people say it dont work?

Quick Reply: WTB... SAFC or Greddy E-Manage