4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

Modern Head Unit for Mitsubishi Eclipse 2008 Spyder Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Default Modern Head Unit for Mitsubishi Eclipse 2008 Spyder Convertible

Hello,
I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible and I wanted to change the head unit to a more modern touch screen. I want:
1) When I start the car it should connect to my phone and give me options to lauch my favorite podcast app etc.
2) When I reverse the car it should show me what is behind my car
3)When I switch the side blinkers show what is to that side of me
4)If I can get radar warnings etc. when I try to change lanes and there is car next to me then great

I understand that all of these would require different components but any idea as to how I could get started on a project like this? Should I just go to the nearest body shop and ask them to get it done or buy components on my own?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Salil Surendran
Hello,
I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible and I wanted to change the head unit to a more modern touch screen. I want:
1) When I start the car it should connect to my phone and give me options to lauch my favorite podcast app etc.
2) When I reverse the car it should show me what is behind my car
3)When I switch the side blinkers show what is to that side of me
4)If I can get radar warnings etc. when I try to change lanes and there is car next to me then great

I understand that all of these would require different components but any idea as to how I could get started on a project like this? Should I just go to the nearest body shop and ask them to get it done or buy components on my own?
2008 Outlander (UK). I went with a px5 android unit from eBay. Came with a really decent dash mount. It's a plug and play as all harness is included. I've made a few adaptions though. I've added a rear cam, upgraded WiFi aerial and added an OBD2 adapter. Oh and I had to extend mic cable to get it located overhead. Happy with all its features Justine little ****le with a ribbon cable that supplier needs to sort.