Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/)
-   -   A New Kind of Bass Response (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/new-kind-bass-response-3071/)

Dans Talon 01-12-2005 11:37 PM

A New Kind of Bass Response

I am not into getting my brains punched out by subwoofers.
Most are all distortion anyways.
I like quality, I ain't young and into hard rock.

But I love bass! (in quality music of all kinds).

I have experimented and found a new (and cheap) kind of a way
to create awesome bass.

When I say "awesome" I mean depth like the grand canyon and
soooooooooooo clean! Crisp, deep and totally free of distortion.
Super deep range with no Distorted THUMP THUMP THUMP
Bass in it purest form, almost ghostlike but felt at the same time.

Call me Dr. Bose.

Heres the idea:

Along with your normal system of a good quality reciever/CD player, good quality mid range and tweeters placed appropriately and crossed over correctly this kind of bass response can be installed by doing the following:

Line up four 8" woofers behind your back seat. Quality ones.

Not sub-woofers!

Use any amp (cheap or good, whatever) to drive them, the amp quality doesn't matter,
but make sure the wattage is adequate, (not super-duper, just adequate).

Make sure that they are crossed over properly.

Install a remote equalizer with the reciever/CD player system
that has 30hz capability. (Most EQ. low end adjusters start @ 60Hz, but this is
too high so dont use it because it dosen't contain enough capability,
and some go down to 20Hz-this is ok to use)

This is it.

The whole idea is that one or two speakers have to work too hard and so end up distorting. Install four in a row and drive each one more softly and no where near cut-off.
All four running together add up to produce any volume level you desire distortionless.

The equalizer allows you to range down into the low lows, the cavernous 30Hz range that you otherwise never would have realized existed on some of your CD's. Very few people have ever accessed this range without the eye squincing odd harmonic THUMP but this design will.

try it :)

Dan

Prophet 01-13-2005 11:17 PM

RE: A New Kind of Bass Response

Matter of opinion really. My two twelves don't distort and I can hit the low low's as you say and still get quite high (142db at the dash). If you purchase a good SQ sub and build a proper box vented or seal with proper cross overs you can get the same results with just one ten or twelve but then this is of course what you would consider good and what I consider good.

GST WNB 01-14-2005 06:04 PM

If you want good sounding bass, you should get JL Audio subs,they are a good sounding sub.And to you people who love to hear bass proted boxes are much better to have then a sealed box.If you have a ported box you get lik 3-5 more DB's.If you have any Q's talk to me.

DrAgOnBoY45479 02-03-2005 01:20 AM

I happen to agree with Prophet.. I like my LOUD bass... i get awesome response and really low bass with mine.. I got 2 12" Kenwood Typhoon Subs and both are powered by their own 800 watt Kenwood amp... i have a KDC-X969 Kenwood Excelon Head-unit that basically has an EQ built in it.. plus you can her me comin from 2 blocks away :D hell yea.. now THATs bass... oh an the distortion thing can be bypassed by anybody that knows how to set up their system...

anko_kun 11-15-2005 10:34 PM

i have 2 memphis pr 10s with a 1000 watt amp it is such a clean sound and even with the top down it sounds grate
memphis are good subs and anr also mid priced JL are superb but pricey look in to it you might like what 10s can do
and ther loud as hell whan you want them to be