Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Everything else (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/)
-   -   01 Eclipse immobilizer help (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/everything-else-37/01-eclipse-immobilizer-help-52225/)

TurboDodgeXVI 05-31-2018 07:53 PM

01 Eclipse immobilizer help

Hi all. I have a nasty situation going on. I'll run you all up to speed. I bought an 01 Eclipse GT. 3.0L/manual. I was told it needed a new fuel pump. Was getting power to the pump but not after. I replaced the pump and nothing changed. I plugged the old pump into the battery and it fired up so it didn't actually need one. Car cranks but won't start. No codes aside from an immobilizer code. Car came with 2 aftermarket unchipped keys. Towed it to a shop, they got a key made from Mitsu with the VIN. They're using a Mitsu machine and key to program it in there. They have the 4 digit code from Mitsu and the program gets to accepting the code and then immediately backs out and shuts down due to incorrect key. They cannot program it, we can't figure out what's going on. There is an aftermarket alarm but nothing that would[SHOULD]cause this issue. It's a Comstar CM3300. This is where we stand. Does anyone have experience here or ANY suggestions? I don't want to rack up a bill by asking them to start tracing all wires for poor wiring. Any leads or suggestions or even bypassing the immobilizer would be excellent.

Justinz01eclipse 01-20-2022 04:43 PM

Please help

Originally Posted by TurboDodgeXVI (Post 324111)
Hi all. I have a nasty situation going on. I'll run you all up to speed. I bought an 01 Eclipse GT. 3.0L/manual. I was told it needed a new fuel pump. Was getting power to the pump but not after. I replaced the pump and nothing changed. I plugged the old pump into the battery and it fired up so it didn't actually need one. Car cranks but won't start. No codes aside from an immobilizer code. Car came with 2 aftermarket unchipped keys. Towed it to a shop, they got a key made from Mitsu with the VIN. They're using a Mitsu machine and key to program it in there. They have the 4 digit code from Mitsu and the program gets to accepting the code and then immediately backs out and shuts down due to incorrect key. They cannot program it, we can't figure out what's going on. There is an aftermarket alarm but nothing that would[SHOULD]cause this issue. It's a Comstar CM3300. This is where we stand. Does anyone have experience here or ANY suggestions? I don't want to rack up a bill by asking them to start tracing all wires for poor wiring. Any leads or suggestions or even bypassing the immobilizer would be excellent.

Please tell me you figured out the issue man. I have have the same car with the same issue the locksmiths key programmer says no key loaded every time he tries to program key I have had two different locksmiths come out and try it both using different keys and neither one of them work or have been able to fix it or get a key programmed8