Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

02 OZ Rally Service Engine Light ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Default 02 OZ Rally Service Engine Light ??

Okay, here's the deal. My service engine light came on at about 70K miles. (Yeah, I drive the sh*t out of my poor car.) I took it to a local Autozone and had the codes read, and it came back as a misfire on the #4 cylinder, which makes perfect sense seeing how it feels like its been misfiring and I'm suffering from a severe lack in power also. Since finding this out I've changed the plugs and the two normal plug wires, but its still doing it. Now, I'm pretty sure the #4 cylinder is the one on the far right side of the motor (looking at it from the front), and its one of two plug wires with the ignition component tacked onto the top of it. What exactly is that part called, how much is it to replace, and will that fix my problem? (Please just tell me its not something inside the head or block, that would break my heart and my poor poor wallet!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Default RE: 02 OZ Rally Service Engine Light ??

What a coincident. I've also got the same car and mine came on shortly after 70k. What did you do to fix it?